What's new

Aimesh Node LAN Ports

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Darren Rockach

Regular Contributor
I'm moving home to a grade 2 listed building which restricts what I can change so I'm not going to be able to cable it up for ethernet.
I have an AX11000 and two XT8 aimesh nodes which will be connected via WiFi backhaul. The AX11000 will be down stairs as this is where the fibre comes into the property. My office is going to be on the second floor though. I need to connect my NAS which will be in the office to the network via ethernet. Do the LAN ports on an XT8 aimesh node work correctly when configured this way and will my AX11000 be able to communicate with my NAS?
Thanks in advance.

I'm moving home to a grade 2 listed building which restricts what I can change so I'm not going to be able to cable it up for ethernet.
I have an AX11000 and two XT8 aimesh nodes which will be connected via WiFi backhaul. The AX11000 will be down stairs as this is where the fibre comes into the property. My office is going to be on the second floor though. I need to connect my NAS which will be in the office to the network via ethernet. Do the LAN ports on an XT8 aimesh node work correctly when configured this way and will my AX11000 be able to communicate with my NAS?
Thanks in advance.
I'll answer my own question. Yes it does work. I just decided to bite the bullet and configure it all in preparation of the move. Seems to work perfectly.