What's new

Aimesh node offline after DFS (radar) event

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SantaBee

New Around Here
Hi all,

I have an AX86U as Aimesh router and an AX92U as Aimesh node. I prefer using DFS channel (100) for 160MHz BW. They run smoothly unless an DFS (radar) detection event happens.
If a DFS event happens, the AX86U can jump to a 80MHz channel (high frequency channel, e.g. 161) out of DFS channels, that's what is expected. But my AX92U will just go offline, and the WiFi broadcasting seems stopped as well (using wifi scan and cannot find the wifi name with its MAC address). The strange thing is the indicating light on AX92U is as normal as nothing happens.
Current solution is: I have to manually press ON/OFF button on AX92U to get node WiFi back.
Please see wifi setting below.

Some info to rule out possible issues:
1. This happens multiple times, so it is not a random stuff.
2. AX86U jumps to non-5G1 channels, so theoretically AX92U should be able to handle.
3. I use latest firmware (Merlin for AX86U) up to today. Note that if I use original firmware for AX86U, issue remains same.
4. Have contacted customer service, but they are a waste of time, not solving anything.
5. Have tried different settings like auto or fixed "channel" selection. Nothing works.
6. Please note that log like below does NOT appear for the MAC address of node WiFi:
Apr 6 00:06:33 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(469): eth6: Deauth_ind XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, status: 0, reason: Station requesting (re)association is not authenticated with responding station (9)
Apr 6 00:06:33 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(486): eth6: Disassoc FXX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
7. DFS event log (AX86U) is like a detection followed by device re-connecting to AX86U:
Apr 5 23:59:16 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(632): eth7: Radar detected
Apr 5 23:59:16 cfg_server: event: wl_chanspec_changed_action
Apr 5 23:59:16 cfg_server: skip event due no chanlist update
Apr 6 00:01:27 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(534): eth7: Assoc XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, status: Successful (0)
8. AX92U log just several Deauth/Disassoc plus one particular line (the last line before I manually restart after a few minutes.):
Apr 6 00:01:42 MISC: wifi upstream is connected, and disconnected from CAP.

1649229838239.png

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Use Smart Connect and Auto Channel. 5 GHz bandwidth at 20, 40, 80, 160 MHz and 2.4 GHz at 20 MHz. Check the DFS box if you want. When you are hit by RADAR the router can drop off of the DFS channels and keep working. My router does run at 80 MHz most of the time but goes to 160 MHz when an AX client connects.
You have paid the big bucks for good routers let them choose what works best. Trust your router!