What's new

AiMesh node selection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Johno

Regular Contributor
I have an RT-AX86U router connected to two RT-AC68Us each as AiMesh nodes connected via ethernet backhaul. One of the mesh nodes is right beside me and when I switch off/on the WiFi on my iPhone, it doesn't connect to the physically nearest node, that is, the one next to me but it does connect to a mesh node in the loft/roof space above me.

Is signal strength weak when a few feet from a wireless router/AP? It seems odd that my iPhone connects to a node that's further away than the nearest one.

Here is no different!!! Getting trouble with this matter using the latest merlin release (not the beta). It usually stays connected in 2,4ghz from a distant node :(

Also It tends to connect to 2,4ghz instead 5ghz when I move close to other node. :/

I tried to disable wifi6 on 2,4ghz but didnt help. Is there any tune or fix for It?

yes it is possible that if your iPhone is to close router (less than 2m) it will connect to further node.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!