What's new

AIMesh Node setup with slow node speeds w/wire

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mike Yadago

New Around Here
Hello, This is my first post here and couldnt really find one like what issue im having.

So i was perviously running a wireless aimesh system Main router being my GT-AC5300 and my node router being my old rt-ac68w and they are both updated with the most fresh firmware.
I decided to change the location to a more optimal area for my node and while i was at it i ran a ethernt cable from my main to my node and i checked if the wire worked or not, I was hitting 950MB's which is right for gigabit internet.
I reset my entire internet setup about 3 times, thats going through the aimesh 3 times litrally hell. But anyways my issue is that when my node is wired through the back-end and i plug my laptop into the node im lucky if i see 300mb which i think is crazy since i was getting the same speed through wireless.

Does anyone know the solution, or cause to this?

Thank you

Hello, This is my first post here and couldnt really find one like what issue im having.

So i was perviously running a wireless aimesh system Main router being my GT-AC5300 and my node router being my old rt-ac68w and they are both updated with the most fresh firmware.
I decided to change the location to a more optimal area for my node and while i was at it i ran a ethernt cable from my main to my node and i checked if the wire worked or not, I was hitting 950MB's which is right for gigabit internet.
I reset my entire internet setup about 3 times, thats going through the aimesh 3 times litrally hell. But anyways my issue is that when my node is wired through the back-end and i plug my laptop into the node im lucky if i see 300mb which i think is crazy since i was getting the same speed through wireless.

Does anyone know the solution, or cause to this?

Thank you

Is the node using the wired backhaul or still using the wireless backhaul? Did you set/force the node connection type to Wired?

OE

Is the node using the wired backhaul or still using the wireless backhaul? Did you set/force the node connection type to Wired?

OE
So the node was only detecting the wireless backhaul, so i rolled back the firmware and it was doing the same thing so i thought i might just have a faulty router or something. I bought a rt-ac88u on amazon yesterday before i went to sleep, however this morning i decided to just mess with it a little more and would you have it it works wired now. Im actually 950ish speeds while plugged in on my node and between 400-500 on my mobil devices. What the issue was i dont know, what fixed it i think was just a few hours of waiting for it to realize it has a faster communication method.

So the node was only detecting the wireless backhaul, so i rolled back the firmware and it was doing the same thing so i thought i might just have a faulty router or something. I bought a rt-ac88u on amazon yesterday before i went to sleep, however this morning i decided to just mess with it a little more and would you have it it works wired now. Im actually 950ish speeds while plugged in on my node and between 400-500 on my mobil devices. What the issue was i dont know, what fixed it i think was just a few hours of waiting for it to realize it has a faster communication method.

AiMesh auto detects and sets the backhaul type. Some network switches can defeat this. You can always modify the node properties to force the backhaul type to Wired/Ethernet.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!