What's new

AiMesh Node setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ray_01402

New Around Here
Is it possible to setup 2 nodes together?
So is this setup possible:

[AiMesh Router]>>Ethernet>>[Node 1]>>Ethernet>>[Node 2]

Is it possible to setup 2 nodes together?
So is this setup possible:

[AiMesh Router]>>Ethernet>>[Node 1]>>Ethernet>>[Node 2]

Yes, you can daisy chain nodes, LAN-to-WAN... easier done when wired.

OE

How would you daisy chain aimesh nodes?

I would wire them in a daisy chain topology. Or, I would locate them so that they connect wirelessly in a daisy chain topology. Only if a star topology is not possible.

OE

So theres no way to 'force' a daisy chain other than positioning? Unfortunately I cannot wire them, if only.

So theres no way to 'force' a daisy chain other than positioning? Unfortunately I cannot wire them, if only.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. If the node is wireless and refuses to daisy chain through another remote node, then that would leave it in a star topology with the root node, which is preferable.

OE

I'm not sure I understand the problem. If the node is wireless and refuses to daisy chain through another remote node, then that would leave it in a star topology with the root node, which is preferable.

OE
They dont connect as well giving me high ping and low speed when it directly connects to the router which is further away than the other AImesh node. I need it to be Router>Aimesh1>aimesh2 rather than the router going directly to both of them

They dont connect as well giving me high ping and low speed when it directly connects to the router which is further away than the other AImesh node. I need it to be Router>Aimesh1>aimesh2 rather than the router going directly to both of them

I get it now, I failed to consider that when I posted.

OE

So would there be a way to do it? Im new to AI mesh

I'm not sure. There is a new AiMesh 2.0 Optimization function, but I don't know what it does since I only have a 2-node wireless AiMesh that can't be optimized further. AiMesh 2.0 RC2 is in beta.

1600189232797.png

OE

I think everyone will benefit from AiMesh 2.0, including yourself.

You think i would benefit from Aimesh 2 in this scenario

I don't know what the Optimization function will do. You can try it, if the beta is available for all of your nodes, but it's beta-ware and you are new to all of this so you might want to wait for it.

What are your router models, which is the root node, and how far apart are they from each other? Maybe you can move nodes around a bit to fix your issue the easy way. Are you watching the node 2.4/5.0 backhauls (RSSI, Tx, Rx values) in the Wireless Log to know how they are performing?

OE

I don't know what the Optimization function will do. You can try it, if the beta is available for all of your nodes, but it's beta-ware and you are new to all of this so you might want to wait for it.

What are your router models, which is the root node, and how far apart are they from each other? Maybe you can move nodes around a bit to fix your issue the easy way. Are you watching the node 2.4/5.0 backhauls (RSSI, Tx, Rx values) in the Wireless Log to know how they are performing?

OE
I have a GTAx-11000 as my main router and then 2 RTAx92U across the house. The first one is probably 30 feet away and the second probably 50 from that. If i could, id manually set them GTAX>Rt1>Rt2 manually. The end one i use a pc on ethernet so i cant move it unfortunately. And no unfortunately i dont know what to look for and where in the logs. I do know that they have been bouncing around from 2.4 to 5ghz backhauls, and thats partially when/where i have my issues. Also unrelated but if there are optimized GTAx11000 settings anywhere please point me where to go. Thanks

I have a GTAx-11000 as my main router and then 2 RTAx92U across the house. The first one is probably 30 feet away and the second probably 50 from that. If i could, id manually set them GTAX>Rt1>Rt2 manually. The end one i use a pc on ethernet so i cant move it unfortunately. And no unfortunately i dont know what to look for and where in the logs. I do know that they have been bouncing around from 2.4 to 5ghz backhauls, and thats partially when/where i have my issues. Also unrelated but if there are optimized GTAx11000 settings anywhere please point me where to go. Thanks

I wonder if you would be better off with just two nodes... less Wifi.

The 2.4/5.0 backhaul entries in the Wireless Log have MAC addresses similar to the node they refer to. They are also likely the entries with the most streams, NSS, since the routers have the most antennas.

I have not setup an AX router, so I can't suggest settings.

OE

Do you think 2 would be better? Im even open to buying a more powerful single router and placing it at the other end of the house. Would love to optimize the current setup though.

Do you think 2 would be better? Im even open to buying a more powerful single router and placing it at the other end of the house. Would love to optimize the current setup though.

A couple points....

I would work with the equipment you have. Setup a router and evaluate it and its WiFi coverage around the house before adding a node. A WiFi Analyzer app helps to see the WiFi signal levels.

I just learned that AiMesh 2.0 allows selecting a node's uplink, so this could help your situation when you have AiMesh 2.0.

1600261784083.png

When you setup a router, you should reset it before configuring it.

OE