What's new

AIMesh not available if no internet connection possible

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TomTiddler167

New Around Here
I have a small-ish AIMesh setup at home - 2xZenwifi AC, 1xRT-AC68U, 1xRT-AC3100, 3xLYRA with about 5 computers connected and a multitude of phones, ipads, Alexas, etc over wifi.

It all works great and up until last night, I was very happy - then my ISP went down, the main Zenwifi router then went into a frantic attempt to connect to the internet, meanwhile, my local network was completely unavailable. Is there any way to configure the system such that it doesn't require an internet connection?

I have a small-ish AIMesh setup at home - 2xZenwifi AC, 1xRT-AC68U, 1xRT-AC3100, 3xLYRA with about 5 computers connected and a multitude of phones, ipads, Alexas, etc over wifi.

It all works great and up until last night, I was very happy - then my ISP went down, the main Zenwifi router then went into a frantic attempt to connect to the internet, meanwhile, my local network was completely unavailable. Is there any way to configure the system such that it doesn't require an internet connection?

How is 7 nodes a smallish AiMesh? How big an area are you serving?

Normally, losing the WAN connection does not cause a frantic response from the router and disable the LAN unless its an Eero or similar Big Tech packaged mesh system that requires an Internet account to work.

OE

What do you mean that your local network was completely unavailable?
Are there local resources that you have on your local network that are unavailable?

What types of devices are you seeing this issue on?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!