AiMesh on 2 AC68U, 30-60 sec no internet when switching between routers

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

jpdsc

Regular Contributor
Good day everyone,

Perhaps someone can help me troubleshoot an issue I am having since I bought 2 AC68U and using AiMesh.
Some background info.

- Both the router and node are running on 386.1_beta2
- I have set a Ethernet Backhaul Mode from the router to Node

When I go from the Router to the Node or vice-versa; it switches the WIFI to the other Router/Node, however, my internet connection is down for 30-60 seconds on the device.
Only after 30-60 seconds; internet starts working again.

I have reset both products to factory. Installed the router first and then added the Node.

Anyone else having this issue and might know a solution?

Thanks.

Plompie

Occasional Visitor
No issue here with AC86U router to AC68U node. Did notice you mention to also run the node on Asus-Merlin, I run the node on the stock firmware as the AIMesh part is closed source so no benefit anyway. Maybe that would help?

jpdsc

Regular Contributor
I have both on Merlin, however, the no-internet traffic happens both ways.

I did find out that the WIFI never disconnects when moving from one Node to the other, it seems to be seemless but it looks like some apps don't really support it for some reason.
Example is Whatsapp and Instagram. It takes 30 seconds for them to work but webpages etc is working fine...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!