1. Post filters have been ramped up due to high spam activity. If your post is marked for moderation, be patient. A moderator will review and release it as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AiMesh on the T-Mobile TM-AC1900

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by DHume, Oct 20, 2017.

1. nightanole

nightanole Occasional Visitor

No clue. 1.0.2.1 is not listed in the trx folder. Believe it or not the tmobile 2.1.2.6 cfe is there, along with the C0 rev for the 1ghz ac68u.

Ill be bricking mine soon so ill let you know if this new trick fixed the tmobile issue :p

Adam likes this.
  2. Carbon658

Carbon658 New Around Here

I'll be very curious about your process and experience.

Adam likes this.
  3. Adam

Adam Occasional Visitor

I meant that if 1.0.2.1 cfe was already flashed. Trying to theorize as to the conditions for the cfe update to occur while flashing the beta firmware.

4. vicantu

vicantu Occasional Visitor

I only have OSX (Mac) and cant install 7Zip, can I find this file anywhere else to update my TM-1900 converted routers? Thanks

5. Adam

Adam Occasional Visitor

6. nightanole

welp i wasted an hour. Got both of them flashed to the "new" 1.0.2.0 and still no luck.

On the bright side i didnt brick anything. And yes i did to the hex edit manually for the mac and secret code.

7. vicantu

Have you tested this or is a "theory"?

8. nightanole

Its a theory.

It didnt work for me. I assuming the file size difference in the cfe's is due to the "internet" version having overclocking enabled.

9. vicantu

did it actually work for you @goggles99 on your TM-1900 routers or you write that as a theory?

Have anyone had success on making converted TM routers "aimeshed"?
    Peace

10. Roy2001

Roy2001 Occasional Visitor

Apparently, it did not work. Otherwise it is not a theory.

11. Shadowsteps

Shadowsteps New Around Here

I have the same setup. Anyone here has any luck with ac68R and Tmobile ac1900?

12. Carbon658

Carbon658 New Around Here

No it looks like we are on our own until whatever is excluding these units is found.

13. tabney

tabney New Around Here

I recently installed this on my AC68R and my converted AC1900 (AC68U). It has been up and running for 3 days now with no problems. What errors are you getting?

14. nightanole

Everyone has the same "problem", the base can not find the nodes. Based on meta data, its not the cfe, since we have tried all combos. Its possible yours works because you have 1 real ac68u.

15. tabney

tabney New Around Here

I had to reset my node twice in order to get it connected. Since then I have not had a problem with it connecting and staying connected. My AC68U is a converted TM-1900.

16. nightanole

Since we are gathering information, is the converted tm-1900 the base or the node?

17. Craig Chapman

Craig Chapman New Around Here

Awaiting an update on this before I pull the trigger on 3 TM-1900's

18. nightanole

Save your money. It has been confirmed by several people that a system of just tm-1900's will not work with any of the betas and any of the cfe's. 1-2 people have got a real ac68u and a tm-1900 to work.

Craig Chapman likes this.
  19. tabney

tabney New Around Here

The converted TM-1900 is the node, my base is an AC68R.

20. hvluu

hvluu Occasional Visitor

I got it work last week but due to the need of selective routing on Merlin, I flashed the main router (AC86U) back to Merlin beta. However, my AiMesh consisted of the AC86U as the main router and the TM-1900 as the node. But The TM-1900 that I got from Tmobile a long time ago when they first announced it (in 2014 maybe) and I converted it to AC68U. Hence I couldn’t remeber which CFE I flashes. Both was running the 10/12 lastest beta.