What's new

AiMesh "one click system optimization"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Simon W

Regular Contributor
The latest and greatest firmware includes the new AiMesh GUI and quite a few new features - seems AiMesh 2.0 has matured nicely.

Included is the promise "System optimization: one click in AiMesh to optimize the topology" - while I've found the button, does anyone know what it actually does (ie. what settings does it attempt to optimise / tinker with)?! Sounds great (!) however, having spent ages before finally getting an AiMesh setup that seems reliable (touch wood!) I'm a little scared to press it! :S

Thanks.

The latest and greatest firmware includes the new AiMesh GUI and quite a few new features - seems AiMesh 2.0 has matured nicely.

Included is the promise "System optimization: one click in AiMesh to optimize the topology" - while I've found the button, does anyone know what it actually does (ie. what settings does it attempt to optimise / tinker with)?! Sounds great (!) however, having spent ages before finally getting an AiMesh setup that seems reliable (touch wood!) I'm a little scared to press it! :S

Thanks.

If you select it, it tells you that it is going to optimize (re-arrange) your wireless backhauls. I suspect that is all it does. If you have a simple AiMesh and/or one that is already arranged to your liking, I would not select it.

1611689860248.png

OE

If you select it, it tells you that it is going to optimize (re-arrange) your wireless backhauls. I suspect that is all it does. If you have a simple AiMesh and/or one that is already arranged to your liking, I would not select it.

View attachment 29896

OE
Thanks. Figured as much. In the past I've had some seemingly nonsensical daisy-chaining of nodes' backhauls, this seems to have improved of late (ie. doesn't randomly switch) and anchored by now being able to manually select what links to what.

But what I don't understand is - what does this "optimisation" do differently? I thought the AiMesh backhaul setup was constantly reevaluating, hence sometimes things would switch around (albeit previous it seems rather poor judgement was made!).. if this is the case then I'm just wondering how selecting this one-off optimisation does any better/different?

Thanks. Figured as much. In the past I've had some seemingly nonsensical daisy-chaining of nodes' backhauls, this seems to have improved of late (ie. doesn't randomly switch) and anchored by now being able to manually select what links to what.

But what I don't understand is - what does this "optimisation" do differently? I thought the AiMesh backhaul setup was constantly reevaluating, hence sometimes things would switch around (albeit previous it seems rather poor judgement was made!).. if this is the case then I'm just wondering how selecting this one-off optimisation does any better/different?

If you really want to know, try it for your network. As I see it, it just restarts things and the usual logic is re-applied. Why would it go above and beyond that which it already should have done. The system should optimize automatically... they should remove that control and finish the code.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!