What's new

AiMesh option with AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sl4fko

Regular Contributor
Hi all.

So. Long story short, my AC68U is dead, it was an Aimesh node with AC86U (ETH backhaul).

The combination was working very well, so now, I am looking for a replacement. No need for an AX router, my AC86U (Merlin FW) as a main router is still in good shape + I have NO AX clients.

My only condition is, that a new router has a WHITE CASING (AC68U was also white...).

What should I get? ZenWifi (Mini?), Lyra, Blue Cave, another white AC68U... I mainly use only 5GHz AC band, 2.4 is disabled on both the main router and mesh node.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Another RT-AC86U or RT-AX86U (depending on your local prices and your budget) with a can of white paint. :)

yeah-haha.gif

Hi all.

So. Long story short, my AC68U is dead, it was an Aimesh node with AC86U (ETH backhaul).

The combination was working very well, so now, I am looking for a replacement. No need for an AX router, my AC86U (Merlin FW) as a main router is still in good shape + I have NO AX clients.

My only condition is, that a new router has a WHITE CASING (AC68U was also white...).

What should I get? ZenWifi (Mini?), Lyra, Blue Cave, another white AC68U... I mainly use only 5GHz AC band, 2.4 is disabled on both the main router and mesh node.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Asus makes a white AX-68U - would seem to be a perfect replacement...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098BQ2YKT/?tag=snbforums-20

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!