What's new

aiMesh options disappeared on AC88u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Failwyn

New Around Here
I have had an AC-3100 set up as an aiMesh Router and an AC-88u set up as an aiMesh Node for about 6 months, working flawlessly; last weekthe AC-88u showed as Offline, rebotting both routers didn't fix the issue, I tried initializing the router, upgrading the firmware, downgrading the firmware, and upgrading again... but there is no longer any mention of aiMesh anywhere in the router... On the network map page, the space below the client list where the aiMesh button normally appears is blank )it's not even there if you inspect source), and on the administration page where you choose the router mode, there is no mention of aiMesh at all.

Attachments

• clientlist.PNG
    clientlist.PNG
    25.6 KB · Views: 375
  • mode.PNG
    mode.PNG
    102.5 KB · Views: 373
I have had an AC-3100 set up as an aiMesh Router and an AC-88u set up as an aiMesh Node for about 6 months, working flawlessly; last weekthe AC-88u showed as Offline, rebotting both routers didn't fix the issue, I tried initializing the router, upgrading the firmware, downgrading the firmware, and upgrading again... but there is no longer any mention of aiMesh anywhere in the router... On the network map page, the space below the client list where the aiMesh button normally appears is blank )it's not even there if you inspect source), and on the administration page where you choose the router mode, there is no mention of aiMesh at all.

Which version did you install and now have installed?

After flashing the firmware you want to use, did you do a full reset to factory defaults followed by a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP? Please have a look in my signature for links to get your router to a good/known state.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

The link above highlights why a reset to factory defaults is required. ;)

I'm currently on 3.0.0.4.384_45713, I went down to 3.0.0.4.384_45708, and 3.0.0.4.384.32738; I did a reset by holding the red button for 5 seconds and I have done resets through the UI with the Initialize checkbox selected.

Do you do the resets after flashing the firmware, or before? Do you use any saved backup config files to restore the router's configuration?

Do you do the resets after flashing the firmware, or before? Do you use any saved backup config files to restore the router's configuration?

I reset (with initialize) after each upgrade and downgrade, I have not even begun to reconfigure anything, I just do the wizard to get in and see if it restored the aiMesh options.

I reset (with initialize) after each upgrade and downgrade, I have not even begun to reconfigure anything, I just do the wizard to get in and see if it restored the aiMesh options.

Are we talking about the RT-AC88U? If so, I think you may have flashed the wrong firmware on it? Did you maybe download the RT-AX88U firmware instead?

Maybe a hardware failure/glitch is affecting how the firmware behaves. Maybe letting it sit unplugged for a few hours might, er, do something.

OE

I stumbled upon another thread and confirmed; It appears that the 2.4ghz radio died.

So, if the 2.4GHz radio dies it also takes out AiMesh too?

So, if the 2.4GHz radio dies it also takes out AiMesh too?

The option appear to require the 2.4 and 5 ghz radio; every post I found about the 2.4 ghz radio not working also mentioned that the aiMesh options disappeared.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!