What's new

Aimesh performance wireless backhaul

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ggzdwy

New Around Here
The performance is not sufficient enough to stream high bitrate video(above 100mbps) under Aimesh. However, once I change the node to media bridge mode, they will perform well and stable for as long as they are on. Will these be improved under Aimesh mode in the future? In the latest firmware(149), they said this has already been improved. However, I didnt get the improvement.

AiMesh either works for a particular network set up or it doesn't. The fixes you are hoping/waiting for may never come.

The good news is that AiMesh is not required to use the router(s) optimally either. :)

AiMesh either works for a particular network set up or it doesn't. The fixes you are hoping/waiting for may never come.

The good news is that AiMesh is not required to use the router(s) optimally either. :)
Forgot to mention that the performance was satisfied during first 24 hours after fresh setup. There is something dragged it down afterwards. That gives me the hope for the potential to be brought to us.

Forgot to mention that the performance was satisfied during first 24 hours after fresh setup. There is something dragged it down afterwards. That gives me the hope for the potential to be brought to us.

I had the same issue.
After a day or so my AiMesh node start using 2.4Ghz as back-haul, nothing changed, didn't move the node at all.
And later found the AC3100 node became wired behaviours, 5Ghz radio cannot be enabled again.
Factory reset the node, 5Ghz radio still failed, channel shows 0, found lots of people having the same issue

not sure if it's caused by AiMesh or not

I had the same issue.
After a day or so my AiMesh node start using 2.4Ghz as back-haul, nothing changed, didn't move the node at all.
And later found the AC3100 node became wired behaviours, 5Ghz radio cannot be enabled again.
Factory reset the node, 5Ghz radio still failed, channel shows 0, found lots of people having the same issue

not sure if it's caused by AiMesh or not
Since my system is all triband system, they only use the reserved 5g-2 band as back haul. The system is stable functionally. I think the performance drop is caused by the algorithm they used to share the bandwidth as the client devices getting connected. Compare to media bridge mode there are only limited client devices connected to the ap. Your issue sounds more like a signal interfered or hardware issue. Have you tried to put the router and node in the same room to see if problem persists?

Since my system is all triband system, they only use the reserved 5g-2 band as back haul. The system is stable functionally. I think the performance drop is caused by the algorithm they used to share the bandwidth as the client devices getting connected. Compare to media bridge mode there are only limited client devices connected to the ap. Your issue sounds more like a signal interfered or hardware issue. Have you tried to put the router and node in the same room to see if problem persists?

The device is having 5Ghz radio hardware issue and I have returned it back, awaiting for replaced one.

It is very difficult for my environment to run cable as backhaul.
I will try it again once I got the new device, I have also purchased Netgear PL1000 as an backhaul alternative, not expecting the powerline can provide good performace but better than nothing.

The device is having 5Ghz radio hardware issue and I have returned it back, awaiting for replaced one.

It is very difficult for my environment to run cable as backhaul.
I will try it again once I got the new device, I have also purchased Netgear PL1000 as an backhaul alternative, not expecting the powerline can provide good performace but better than nothing.
I had exact powerline adapter. It didn't work well in Aimesh system. They can create dead loop and make it an Ai-mess. Keep an eye on them when you plug in.