What's new

AIMesh port number?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

unHookt

New Around Here
I am trying to connect several RT-AX86U on a corporate network but the devices are only seeing one another via WiFi even when I force ethernet backhaul prioritization in the AIMesh nodes' preferences. I am wondering if other network devices (managed switches, routers) might be filtering the specific port being used by AIMesh to communicate between nodes. Does anyone know what this network port might be?

I am wondering if other network devices (managed switches, routers) ...
AFAIK the nodes have to be on the same subnet as the primary device. So I don't think it will work across intermediate routers.

I might be wrong but I think someone mentioned that since the 386 firmware release AiMesh makes use of a VLAN to communicate with the nodes. Check that the switch ports are trunked.

Yup, I can confirm that AiMesh does not play well with managed switches. Am working now to connect a node in the back of a warehouse via fiber. Am getting TP Link fiber to Ethernet converters to by-pass two managed switches.