What's new

AiMesh print server workaround

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SwatKat

Occasional Visitor
Hey! Just bought an AC86U (or RT-AC2900) to replace my AC 68U as primary router and put the 68U as a node near the printer - to also have printing enabled throughout the house. (couple years ago triedt this with 2 68U and it worked, so I guessed now it would too)
Surprise, I cannot find the printer - I've put the DHCP ip address of the node, installed as LPR, no luck. Read that it has something to do with AI mesh.

So, if this is not possible, in theory I could use to connect the printer to he main router, not the node, using an ethernet cable that is wired through the walls to. The connection would look like this: USB cable from printer - USB to RJ45 adaptor - cat5e cable - rj45 to usb adaptor - usb cable to the main router.

Would something like this be feasible? Is there something else I could to to enable printing from AiMesh?
Thanks