What's new

AIMesh Question - Which Router to use AC86 or AC68 as Main router.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Honeyroad

New Around Here
I currently have my Cable modem and AC86 on the main level of my house, and have CAT6 running to basement for 2 desktop computers. I want to move the Cable Modem downstairs to basement to clean things up and just have a solitary router on main level hardwired to basement router, where most devices are on WiFi. I have huge air ducts in basement (house built in 1950s) that interfere with WiFi, so basement WiFi will help.

So, question is, Am I better to have the AC86 in basement as the main router and the AC68 as a Node, or the other way around so the AC86 can handle the increased WiFi.

I currently have my Cable modem and AC86 on the main level of my house, and have CAT6 running to basement for 2 desktop computers. I want to move the Cable Modem downstairs to basement to clean things up and just have a solitary router on main level hardwired to basement router, where most devices are on WiFi. I have huge air ducts in basement (house built in 1950s) that interfere with WiFi, so basement WiFi will help.

So, question is, Am I better to have the AC86 in basement as the main router and the AC68 as a Node, or the other way around so the AC86 can handle the increased WiFi.

Assuming the 68U WiFi can serve the basement, can you have the 86U as router on the main level to serve WiFi to the main level and outside?

The 86U makes the better router and serves up stronger WiFi.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!