AIMesh Remove replace node

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

mogulman

Regular Contributor
I currently have an RT-AX86u as my main router and an RT-AC86u as a node. I'm getting another RT-AX86u. Can I just remove the old node and add the new AX86 as a node? or do a I need to reset the main router first?

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Only reset the node.

Adooni

yes you can, but in same situation you can hit bug that new node cannot be added. In such case you need factory reset main router and back to router mode for nodes and add nodes to main router and configure main router.

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
I currently have an RT-AX86u as my main router and an RT-AC86u as a node. I'm getting another RT-AX86u. Can I just remove the old node and add the new AX86 as a node? or do a I need to reset the main router first?

Removing the old node will reset it.

Reset and add the new node. You would only reset the main router to configure it from scratch.

OE