What's new

AiMesh shows offline in GUI, but it's actually connected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AlpineMan

Regular Contributor
I have an AC88U as my main router, AC3100, and a couple of AC68U's as my AiMesh nodes. All were in the official Asus 20648 -> 20942 and now all on the 384_21045. In all versions of these firmwares, I noticed that the AC88U AiMesh UI shows that my nodes go offline after a day or 2...and remain that way unless I reboot the nodes. But in reality, the nodes are still connected even if the UI indicates that they're offline. I can ping the nodes, SSH to them, and also ping all the devices that are connected to them via CAT5.

Does this mean that it's more of a cosmetic issue as far as the AiMesh offline indicator shows?

I have an AC88U as my main router, AC3100, and a couple of AC68U's as my AiMesh nodes. All were in the official Asus 20648 -> 20942 and now all on the 384_21045. In all versions of these firmwares, I noticed that the AC88U AiMesh UI shows that my nodes go offline after a day or 2...and remain that way unless I reboot the nodes. But in reality, the nodes are still connected even if the UI indicates that they're offline. I can ping the nodes, SSH to them, and also ping all the devices that are connected to them via CAT5.

Does this mean that it's more of a cosmetic issue as far as the AiMesh offline indicator shows?
The switch side (wired) is not affected by AiMesh. Are you sure the wireless devices you are pinging are connected to the missing nodes? Also, are you using a wired back-haul?

The switch side (wired) is not affected by AiMesh. Are you sure the wireless devices you are pinging are connected to the missing nodes? Also, are you using a wired back-haul?
My AiMesh network is connected wirelessly. I can ping the nodes...and also devices connected to the nodes themselves. The devices are connected to the nodes via CAT5.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

My AiMesh network is connected wirelessly. I can ping the nodes...and also devices connected to the nodes themselves. The devices are connected to the nodes via CAT5.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

Could you send feedback with system log, wifi log (checked) by WebUI Feedback function ?

Could you send feedback with system log, wifi log (checked) by WebUI Feedback function ?

Will do.

1) One other thing I discovered tonight from an offline AC68U AiMesh node (uptime = 4 days)... I was able to SSH into it via WiFi and found a bunch of cfg_client processes:
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# ps | grep -c cfg_client

I went ahead and rebooted this node, after coming up, the node showed online in the GUI and the number of cfg_client showed only 5.

2) Went to another AC68U AiMesh node that's showing online (uptime = 5 minutes, this node was just rebooted) and there were only a few of these processes:
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# ps |grep -c cfg_client

3) From an online AC3100 AiMesh node (uptime = 4 days):
admin@RT-AC3100:/tmp/home/root# ps |grep -c cfg_client

4) From the main AC88U AiMesh router (uptime = 4 days)
admin@RT-AC88U:/tmp/home/root# ps |grep -c cfg_client

Hmmm...just checked this morning...2 offline nodes (all of which I can ping and SSH into) and 1 online node (I can't ping or SSH into, but I can ping the clients attached to this node)

This is why we should have a reset to default in the web GUI of the node, so annoying when these things go ghost