What's new

Aimesh + TP-link switch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

blueshoes

New Around Here
Hi,

I have set up a TP-link SG-1016DE (easy smart switch) in between a main XT8 and other XT8 nodes so as to make full use of the wired backhaul.

The main XT8 is set to default Aimesh mode. The whole Aimesh network is functioning as its supposed to be, no issues.

The tp-link was assigned a specific static IP address 192.168.1.200.

I have not been able to log into the switch at this IP address. The error message - connection timed out, took too long to respond. I have in the past managed to log in, but it took ages, and the response was uber slow.

Other devices eg. NAS, all respond perfectly, no issues logging in.

What am I doing wrong here with the switch?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have set up a TP-link SG-1016DE (easy smart switch) in between a main XT8 and other XT8 nodes so as to make full use of the wired backhaul.

The main XT8 is set to default Aimesh mode. The whole Aimesh network is functioning as its supposed to be, no issues.

The tp-link was assigned a specific static IP address 192.168.1.200.

I have not been able to log into the switch at this IP address. The error message - connection timed out, took too long to respond. I have in the past managed to log in, but it took ages, and the response was uber slow.

Other devices eg. NAS, all respond perfectly, no issues logging in.

What am I doing wrong here with the switch?

Thanks.
Smart switches are sometimes not too smart.

I believe by default a smart switch will get an IP address via DHCP. Manufacturers have a utility that is used to manage a switch. If you used the utility to assign a static IP address, make sure it is outside the DHCP range of the router. Otherwise the router could assign that IP address to another client. Another way is to manually assign an IP address at the router LAN/DHCP Server/Manual Assignment

I start my DHCP pool (LAN/DHCP Server/IP Pool Starting Address) at 192.168.50.11. That gives me 10 addresses I can use for static IP addresses or addresses assigned at the client and not by DHCP.

Smart switches are sometimes not too smart.

I believe by default a smart switch will get an IP address via DHCP. Manufacturers have a utility that is used to manage a switch. If you used the utility to assign a static IP address, make sure it is outside the DHCP range of the router. Otherwise the router could assign that IP address to another client. Another way is to manually assign an IP address at the router LAN/DHCP Server/Manual Assignment

I start my DHCP pool (LAN/DHCP Server/IP Pool Starting Address) at 192.168.50.11. That gives me 10 addresses I can use for static IP addresses or addresses assigned at the client and not by DHCP.

Yep, I had manually assigned the address using Manual Assignment. Turned on MAC and IP address binding. Typed in the same address into the switch's utility. Double checked the list of IP addresses handed out - didn't see any double parking.

Yep, I had manually assigned the address using Manual Assignment. Turned on MAC and IP address binding. Typed in the same address into the switch's utility. Double checked the list of IP addresses handed out - didn't see any double parking.
You may have to wait for up to a day for the switch to get the new IP address

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!