What's new

AiMesh trouble with AX92U and AX88U losing/dropping connections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eddie200112

New Around Here
So i guess long story short, for the last year I've been arguing with Spectrum that our internet repeatedly goes down. Recently had a supervisor out finally and I feel confident the issue is not them and started looking more in depth with my internal network again. In short I would seemingly randomly lose internet connection both on my Wi-Fi devices and ethernet although the Wi-Fi seemed to be more severely affected.

I had an ASUS RT-AC1900P router as my main router and two RT-AX92U AiMesh nodes connected to it with an ethernet backhaul. Now the nodes are connected to the main router via a 10 port gigabit unmanaged switch not directly connected but as far as I know that shouldn't matter. I had this setup for the past year and the problem persisted since set up.

This week after most likely ruling out my ISP as the problem in replaced my main router with an RT-AX88U router. I first just used the router without the nodes and all worked great for 12 hours so I added one of the nodes. within an hour i was back to the same problems. So I can now deduce it likely has something to do with the Aimesh system or maybe a bad node. Or perhaps I don't have the mesh network setup correctly. I've included a rudimentary map of my network as well as some of the settings on my router as an aid in hopefully helping me solve this issue.

I would really like to keep a single SSID for my network as it aids in my google home nonsense. Thats the reason I moved to the mesh setup as i used to have 3 separate SSID's with 3 different routers.

Like I said I have them connected with ethernet backhaul and have just a 2.4Ghz network active (5Ghz radio turned off on router and nodes).

Firmwares
RT-AX88U and RT-AX92U = 3.0.0.4.388_22525

I know similar posts are out there but didn't really find a solution for my case.
Thanks!
All help appreciated