What's new

AiMesh vs SSH (or games like Clash of Clans, etc)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OlegD

New Around Here
I was pretty sure that AiMesh should help keeping existing connections alive when I switches from one AiMesh node to another, but seems like it doesn't work as I expected. If I do the following:

1. open, let say, ssh connection being connected to the AiMesh router
  2. move to the bedroom (another AiMesh node)
after that the ssh connection always broken. The same if I run games like Clash of Clans, etc - switching node causes disconnection from the game server.

I'm wondering if missed something or this an expected behaviour?
If this is an expected, well... I had the very same behaviour with my previous configuration - no AiMesh, two routers with the same SSID name. What's the difference then?

I was pretty sure that AiMesh should help keeping existing connections alive when I switches from one AiMesh node to another, but seems like it doesn't work as I expected. If I do the following:

after that the ssh connection always broken. The same if I run games like Clash of Clans, etc - switching node causes disconnection from the game server.

If this is an expected, well... I had the very same behaviour with my previous configuration - no AiMesh, two routers with the same SSID name. What's the difference then?
Mabye the roaming assistant is disabled.

Mabye the roaming assistant is disabled.

Well, I've enabled it... then disabled. Now re-enabled again - visually, the phone switched AiMesh nodes almost instantly, but it doesn't help to keep an existing ssh connection.

Well, I've enabled it... then disabled. Now re-enabled again - visually, the phone switched AiMesh nodes almost instantly, but it doesn't help to keep an existing ssh connection.
Try kitty for an ash client it ain't reconnectes.

May i know which model/FW version you are using now ?

Thanks! That works and now I'm able to switch AiMesh nodes without disconnection.
What is the magic behind this option? :)

According the issue in NAT acceleration, we are working on it now and this is a template solution.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180718-190926.png
    Screenshot_20180718-190926.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 595
I tried but it won't send data get the message below..
Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback.

Failed to send your feedback. Please check your Internet connection and try again.
The system failed to connect to the mail server(possibly caused by your ISP blocked SMTP port 25). You can send an email directly to : ( router_feedback@asus.com ) Simply copy the contents below and paste it as your e-mail contents.
CUSTOMER FEEDBACK
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model: RT-AC86U
Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.384_21140-ge07a2dd
Inner Version:
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Android 9; Mobile; rv:61.0) Gecko/61.0 Firefox/61.0
System Up time: 6 days, 2 hours, 21 minutes, 29 seconds

Minidlna Version: Version 1.2.1
OpenVPN Client: Disabled
PPTP Client: Disabled
L2TP Client: Disabled
qos_enable: 0
qos_type: 1
[Hardware NAT]
ctf_disable:
ctf_disable_force:
ctf_fa_mode:
[TrendMicro]
functions: disable
bwdpi_dpi_ver: 2.0.1
bwdpi_sig_ver: 2.078
OpenSSL Version: OpenSSL 1.0.2j 26 Sep 2016
wtf_login:
wtf_account_type:

Wi-Fi status code: 4D9B 37A6 D58F C4A7 B4F2 F806 47C3 34FC D507 1FB3 2B2E C968 A6F0 3238 5554 4A02 52D7 76EE C6D2 A078
ASUS_prop_ID_0001: 4/4/-
Time Zone: EST5DST,M3.2.0/2,M10.2.0/2
Transfer mode: Ethernet WAN
WAN Interface: wan none
Single WAN Connection Type: dhcp
Group Id: D86C83F7FD4E9EABD9560CEC7885FB49
System Diagnostic: 0
Log Duration: 0
Diagnostic Services: 0
Store in USB: 0
Log State: 0
Problem Type: Connection_or_Speed_Problem
Problem Description: Unstable connection
Comments:
aimesh setup.. connection drops when switching between routers. also range seem limited

We value all feedbacks that we receive. We will use your feedbacks and comments to strive to improve your ASUS experience.

Last edited:
The main router, the one running the DHCP server, just needs to have NAT hardware disabled. The AP's don't change.