1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AiMesh vs Wireless bridge

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by Raymond Svensrud, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Raymond Svensrud

Raymond Svensrud New Around Here

Hi,

I have a three floor house, it's cables between the floors, unfortunaly not in the rooms i need them to be and i don't want to do the cabeling.

I therefor today, run Amplifi HD mesh routers from second floor, connecting to a mesh router in the office on the third floor where there are no cabling (my servers are in the office).

I'm no considering upgrading to get a router with some more abilities, like vpn, better parentral control etc, and asus new aimesh seem like a good idea, but Asus routers are expensive, atleast since the Amplifi routers isn't that old either :)

I see other router vendors like netgear and probably the rest of them, have the possibility to use wireless bridgeing to do the same thing?

Is there anyone that can give me the drawbacks of using wireless briding over aimesh / mesh? or will it do the same?

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!