What's new

AiMesh vs Wireless bridge

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Raymond Svensrud

New Around Here
Hi,

I have a three floor house, it's cables between the floors, unfortunaly not in the rooms i need them to be and i don't want to do the cabeling.

I therefor today, run Amplifi HD mesh routers from second floor, connecting to a mesh router in the office on the third floor where there are no cabling (my servers are in the office).

I'm no considering upgrading to get a router with some more abilities, like vpn, better parentral control etc, and asus new aimesh seem like a good idea, but Asus routers are expensive, atleast since the Amplifi routers isn't that old either :)

I see other router vendors like netgear and probably the rest of them, have the possibility to use wireless bridgeing to do the same thing?

Is there anyone that can give me the drawbacks of using wireless briding over aimesh / mesh? or will it do the same?