What's new

AiMesh - wifi routeur swap process

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ddebacker

Occasional Visitor
Hello all,

I have purchased a new AiMesh compatible router.

What is the best approach to replace my wifi router that's connected to my ISP with my new one to minimize downtime?

Here is my setup:
- GT-AC5300 connected to my modem
- RT-AX68U connected to my GT-AC5300 through an ethernet cable

Both configured as AiMesh nodes.

Can I configure my new router as a new AiMesh node (over Wifi) then pluf my ISP cable into it, unplug my GT-AC5300 (and remove the node in the Asus config) or do I need to reconfigure everything from scratch ?

Thanks for your wise advice!

Hello all,

I have purchased a new AiMesh compatible router.

What is the best approach to replace my wifi router that's connected to my ISP with my new one to minimize downtime?

Here is my setup:
- GT-AC5300 connected to my modem
- RT-AX68U connected to my GT-AC5300 through an ethernet cable

Both configured as AiMesh nodes.

Can I configure my new router as a new AiMesh node (over Wifi) then pluf my ISP cable into it, unplug my GT-AC5300 (and remove the node in the Asus config) or do I need to reconfigure everything from scratch ?

Thanks for your wise advice!

The new router is a new network... reset the firmware and configure it from scratch. Reset the node firmware and add the node. You may want to keep your existing router intact near term in case you need to revert to using it.

OE

Thanks for your advice! I'll just start a new config on the new router, reset the additional node and add it back.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!