What's new

AiMesh with 3 GT-AX11000 high latency & jitter when guest is extended.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

saj

New Around Here
I have three GT-AX11000 in a AIMesh arrangement all running Asus Merlin ver. 386.7_2. The backhaul between the master router and the two remote nodes is the 5Ghz-2 (on 80Mhz) band with WPA2 as the auth protocol (WPA3 was unstable). My problem is with the guest network, if it’s local to the master router it works quite well on the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands. However, if I extend the guest network on the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz bands to the remote nodes the network becomes unstable.

Symptoms when the guest network is extended to the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz bands were as follows:

1. On the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks that are *not guest networks* experience intermittent connectivity issues.
- high latency pings to the LAN IP on the gateway router
- latency will have wide variance, at times it will appear stable (5-10ms) and then for unknown reasons pings to the gateway will alternate between approximately 200-500ms and 5-50ms
2. The above results in a really poor experience when I attempt to do a conference with Zoom for example. Wifi calling with my smartphone phone is also choppy.

For the most part file x-fers and web browsing are ok but those transactions are not as susceptible to latency and high jitter.

Now, if pull back the guest network to the gateway router everything runs stable without issue. Presently, the guest network is local to the gateway router using only the 2.4Ghz to get the widest coverage and stability.

Is this a know issue, or am I missing something with the current setup?

-Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!