What's new

aiprotect & two-way IPS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Routy

New Around Here
I activated AiProtection for the first time a few days ago, and right away I noticed that I've been getting a lot of hits under "Two-way IPS". The hits basically all come from the same address. It's very unnerving, and being a router newbie I don't know what else I can do (eg I notice that under "firewall" I can block certain URL, but I don't know if that's what I should be doing here, and if so, how). Your helps and suggestions are most appreciative.

Attachments

• badstuff.png
    badstuff.png
    352.9 KB · Views: 913
You don't need to do anything , anything listed by AiProtection has been stopped before it got to your firewall , it has done its job.

But on a more serious note, that ip 46.101.47.221 is constantly hitting my AI protection here in the UK. What gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But on a more serious note, that ip 46.101.47.221 is constantly hitting my AI protection here in the UK. What gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a bot by the look of things .

https://www.abuseipdb.com/check/46.101.47.221

I have 73 hits from that IP.

Point is AI Protection stopped it reaching your firewall. My neighbour has an AC5300 and doesn't use AI , that IP bounces off his router firewall , if your firmware is up to date there isn't a problem.

It's a bot by the look of things .

https://www.abuseipdb.com/check/46.101.47.221

I have 73 hits from that IP.

Point is AI Protection stopped it reaching your firewall. My neighbour has an AC5300 and doesn't use AI , that IP bounces off his router firewall , if your firmware is up to date there isn't a problem.
If u installed Skynet, you will realised there are lots of noise knocking at your router.
Currently I have massive port scanning on my isp range...
Like 2100 scan per hour.

If u installed Skynet, you will realised there are lots of noise knocking at your router.
Currently I have massive port scanning on my isp range...
Like 2100 scan per hour.

I don't need a 3rd party app to be able to see that , the router log shows the same thing.

Port scanning goes on all year and always has.