What's new

AiProtection AX82U Performance

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PapaDaddy

New Around Here
Hello,

For those of you using AiProtection, do you notice throughput decreases? I’m on a wired connection to an AX82U on the most recent Asus firmware. With AiProtection off I see 950mbps down with low cpu usage. With it on I get 750mbps with 100% solid usage on Core 1.

I’m guessing using it disables NAT acceleration? The NAT acceleration option does not appear in the “Lan” -> “Switch Control” tab any longer. Wondering if I should’ve got the AX86U, it was $75 more than the AX82 :/.

I haven't done measurements, but my GT2900 suffers with AIP on. It's very noticeable streaming video so I leave it off. No QoS. No other devices connected matter. I have 150/10 cable.

but my GT2900 suffers with AIP on... I have 150/10 cable.

This is strange, because GT-AC2900 is the same hardware as RT-AC86U and the performance shouldn't be affected at all on 150/10 ISP.

Reactions: Gar
This is strange, because GT-AC2900 is the same hardware as RT-AC86U and the performance shouldn't be affected at all on 150/10 ISP.

I don't recall it having any effect a while back, not sure why it does now. Something changed somewhere, somehow. Can't test on my AC68 as I use LTS fork f/w.

I'm about to drop AC86U tests because of low predictability factor. Your AC68U will work as expected.