What's new

aiprotection & dual wan

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dfects

Occasional Visitor
Hiya,

Just wondering if any of the asus router line allow for both dual wan in load balance mode with aiprotection enabled? I have a RT-AC86U that I'm very happy with running merlins firmware apart from not being able to use aiprotection while load balancing (I assign devices specifically to one of two connections). I'm guessing its not allowed due to performance issues or something?

Thanks

Anything related to Dual WAN and AiProtection in my firmware will be identical to what's available in the stock firmware.

I thought that would be the case, and thanks for all the hard work you put in on Merlin... Been running it on my last 3 routers. Its the main reason I was looking to see if any other Asus routers supported aiprotection with a load balanced dual wan setup? If not, does anyone know of any similar hardware from other manufacturers that can support something like aiprotection/qos/traffic analysis with dual wan enabled in a load balanced mode?

I thought that would be the case, and thanks for all the hard work you put in on Merlin... Been running it on my last 3 routers. Its the main reason I was looking to see if any other Asus routers supported aiprotection with a load balanced dual wan setup? If not, does anyone know of any similar hardware from other manufacturers that can support something like aiprotection/qos/traffic analysis with dual wan enabled in a load balanced mode?
This combination appear to be working on my new GT-AX6000 but only if AiProtection is turned on using the Asus android app whilst load balancing and it cannot be done from the normal web UI. Is this a "positive" glitch?

Last edited:
? Is there some way to get this working please?

I recently got an upgrade from my fiber meaning dual wan has to be used as it is 2x1gb connections, router disabled ai-protection & network has been unstable & suffered lots of outages & security issues ever sicne this on AC-RT88U

Any ideas for afix wouild be most welcome

Thanks.

I recently got an upgrade from my fiber meaning dual wan has to be used as it is 2x1gb connections, router disabled ai-protection & network has been unstable & suffered lots of outages & security issues ever sicne this on AC-RT88U

Thanks.
If you are getting 2x1Gb connections from a single ISP using a single device (e.g. cable modem) then you need to use link aggregation, not dual WAN. Dual WAN is for use when you have two separate internet feeds, usually from different ISPs.

Thanks.
That's because the firmware creates the IPTables Mangle rules incorrectly or not at all for Load Balance to work right, I have this corrected in my Dual WAN Failover Script.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!