What's new

AIProtection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aiprotection not work with crypted transmision (ssl etc.)

I have no way to contact TM. But I have put the question to Asus and will report back here.

I have no way to contact TM. But I have put the question to Asus and will report back here.
Asus could not provide any more info from TM's EULA and Privacy Notice.
I have now emailed TM's legal department to get more details on AIProtection's data collection.

FWIW - I've dealt with many vendors over the years - including Trend Micro - I've found Trend to be one of the more ethical companies in the space...

Worst case - if one doesn't trust Trend Micro - there's always the option to disable the feature.

I don't know all the details, but from the basic info I have, you are only sending Trend Micro the URL you are accessing. Since login data is part of the POST, they do not get these, even if it were unencrypted.

This is the same technology used in their business product BTW. Their WRS (Web Reputation System) is one of the best in the industry.

For the record, I sell Trend Micro products for most of my small business customers. I have only one running Eset's business solution (in part because I wanted to get the expertise with an alternative, and knew Eset would be a solid product so it wouldn't be a compromise for the customer).

I used to be a member of Trend Micro's PUG (Power User Group) program. That group was betatesting their products as well as signature files. I still wear the jacket they sent me back then for my participation to their program :)

TM legal has not responded to my queries, even after reminders.
It seems to me that a white paper could be made public of their process without revealing trade secrets.
Even Dashlane offers up such a white paper on their secure PW management process.