1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Airplay 2 on mesh

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by bsholbrook, Jul 13, 2018 at 5:07 PM.

1. bsholbrook

bsholbrook New Around Here

I’ve had a lot of success with the mesh setup over the past few months. This week using airplay 2 im seeing single speakers drop randomly for milliseconds and then resume. Sometime they fall out of sync during the process. pausing the airplay 2 stream for a moment will typically regroup things until the next hiccup.

If I drop back to a single router the speakers work flawlessly. I wonder if the mesh arrangement is causing some timing related issues. Anyone else running mesh and airplay?

In my case both the audio source and mesh backhaul are wired.

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!