What's new

YazFi Allow access from guest network to LAN device

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

justinvoelker

New Around Here
As stated in the title, I'm trying to allow guest network devices to access a single device on the LAN. I followed the "Custom firewall rules" instructions from https://github.com/jackyaz/YazFi but my script doesn't seem to execute.

I created the file "/jffs/addons/YazFi.d/userscripts.d/myscript.sh" and made it executable. Then, I populated it with the following content.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
iptables -I YazFiFORWARD -i wl0.1 -o br0 -d 192.168.1.10 --dport 8096 -j ACCEPT

After a router reboot, I executed "iptables -S" and that new rule does not exist. I have "Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs" enabled in the settings but I just can't seem to get this firewall rule added. Any ideas?

As stated in the title, I'm trying to allow guest network devices to access a single device on the LAN. I followed the "Custom firewall rules" instructions from https://github.com/jackyaz/YazFi but my script doesn't seem to execute.

I created the file "/jffs/addons/YazFi.d/userscripts.d/myscript.sh" and made it executable. Then, I populated it with the following content.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
iptables -I YazFiFORWARD -i wl0.1 -o br0 -d 192.168.1.10 --dport 8096 -j ACCEPT

After a router reboot, I executed "iptables -S" and that new rule does not exist. I have "Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs" enabled in the settings but I just can't seem to get this firewall rule added. Any ideas?
If you run that line manually does it work?

I think you need to add
-p udp
or
-p tcp

When matching ports

Shoot, yup, it was the missing protocol, I should have caught that. Thanks!

For those wondering, the new line to add was

Code:
#!/bin/sh
iptables -I YazFiFORWARD -i wl0.1 -o br0 -p tcp -d 192.168.1.10 --dport 8096 -j ACCEPT

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!