What's new

Allow only access to local ports from VPN.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Raini

New Around Here
On my ASUS RT-AC51U I did the following:
Configured some port-forwarding-rules to local devices that I want to reach from the Internet.
Setup OpenVPN-server
Both work fine and I have access to the local devices with and without the usage of VPN.
Now I’m searching for a possibility to gain only access to my local devices it I’m connect by using the VPN-tunnel. In my opinion this should not be too difficult but after having searched for some time I still haven’t found the answer. Also I must admit that the ASUS-manual is very poor. For instance the possibility to set the VPN-firewall to Custom instead of Auto isn’t described at all.

Can someone help me with this?
Many thanks in advance!

On my ASUS RT-AC51U I did the following:
Configured some port-forwarding-rules to local devices that I want to reach from the Internet.
Setup OpenVPN-server
Both work fine and I have access to the local devices with and without the usage of VPN.
Now I’m searching for a possibility to gain only access to my local devices it I’m connect by using the VPN-tunnel. In my opinion this should not be too difficult but after having searched for some time I still haven’t found the answer. Also I must admit that the ASUS-manual is very poor. For instance the possibility to set the VPN-firewall to Custom instead of Auto isn’t described at all.

Can someone help me with this?
Many thanks in advance!

The answer to my question is simple. I just removed all Port-Forwards and instead of using DynDns-hostnames to access the local devices I am now using the local-IP’s. So ones connected with VPN I have full access to the LAN and thus there is no need for any Port-Forwarding.