What's new

Alternative to WebStorage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

leon

Regular Contributor
I sign up WenStorage merely because of AiSync on the router; it sync the content of my USB HDD, which is attached to the router, to the cloud.

I have used it more than a year now, and the performance of their PC client is really poor. I got logout on many occasions without warning or reason. Their customer support also did not reply email promptly... I thus wonder apart from DropBox, if there is a good alternative that can sync my HDD to clould? I can putty to the router and manage some terminal commands.

As far as I know it only works with ASUS Webstorage and Dropbox if you want the router to manage the usb-disk sync to cloud. I am using the webstorage sync from usb-disk attached to router and I agree that the performance is not great, but it does the job.

Thanks. So there is no alternative such as Rclose?

Actually I am not even looking to sync my data, but just a way to upload my data on my USB drive to the cloud.

Last edited:
It is not entirely clear for me exactly what you want to do on "uploading my data no USB", and I must admit I am out of my element regarding "Rclose". Only other alternative I can think of which might be able to help on this topic is the FTP server?

Sorry, I was supposed to say "Actually I am not even looking to sync my data, but just a way to upload my data on my USB drive to the cloud." Asus router supports only WebStorage and DropBox.

If I can't find a solution within the router, then the next best alternative would be to use a Raspberry pi..

Yes I agree, if the upload has to be handled by the router it is either WebStorage or Dropbox, and you just set the sync job rule to “upload to cloud” then the router will do a one way upload from USB to cloud.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!