What's new

Amazon 3rd party Intel Wifi6/6E Vs original Intel card

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sachb

Has anyone tested original Intel cards Vs the 3rd party rebranded Intel WiFi 6 cards sold by Amazon?

Any difference in throughput, range or stability?

I just got 2x cards from Amazon , one is syoncon AX210 other is zexmte. Syoncon performs a bit better.

Is there any difference between rebranded Intel cards Vs original Intel Wifi6 card?

I wouldn't expect any difference, since it`s basically a SoC connected to whatever antennas your laptop happens to have - these may make a difference.

I installed an MQUPIN in my laptop earlier this year. I went for the cheapest that was sold/shipped from Amazon Canada at the time, most other cards shipped from either the US or China.

I just got 2x cards from Amazon , one is syoncon AX210 other is zexmte. Syoncon performs a bit better.

If it is less than 5 percent, it's likely radio conditions at the time of the test - even with the same exact card one can expect some variance from test to test.

If it is less than 5 percent, it's likely radio conditions at the time of the test - even with the same exact card one can expect some variance from test to test.
Could be the antenna itself or also the placement. The Syoncon one was installed on the older laptop, which is 7th gen ASUS K556U while the ZEXMTE was installed on 9th gen ASUS K571U

Surprisingly the older laptop with Syoncon picks up better signal than my newer 9th gen laptop in the furthest corner of my 2BHK apartment. Both have the exact same WiFi settings except one is running Windows 10 (older one) other one is running Windows 11 (newer one).

The newer one seems to bounce the transfer rate, and goes between 50-70 MB/sec but older one kept steady at 90 MB/sec which is close to gig speed.