What's new

Amazon Prime - Split Tunelling

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lynx

My wife said to me today: hey your new VPN is great (NordVPN), but Amazon Prime Video has stopped working.

The easiest way to solve this would be for me to add VPN policy rules to route traffic from the IP addresses of our TV's through WAN.

But the more robust solution that would also allow other devices to work such as my desktops would be to route all LAN sources with destination in the Amazon UK prime IP range through WAN.

But how would I go about finding the latter? I looked here:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/aws-ip-ranges.html

That looked promising, but I am not sure if this applies to Amazon Prime Video (UK).

With the QOS functionality and the like I see that my router actually knows what is Prime / Netflix. Being able to route via app would be great. But I gather from another thread this is not feasible.

My wife said to me today: hey your new VPN is great (NordVPN), but Amazon Prime Video has stopped working.

The easiest way to solve this would be for me to add VPN policy rules to route traffic from the IP addresses of our TV's through WAN.

But the more robust solution that would also allow other devices to work such as my desktops would be to route all LAN sources with destination in the Amazon UK prime IP range through WAN.

But how would I go about finding the latter? I looked here:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/aws-ip-ranges.html

That looked promising, but I am not sure if this applies to Amazon Prime Video (UK).

With the QOS functionality and the like I see that my router actually knows what is Prime / Netflix. Being able to route via app would be great. But I gather from another thread this is not feasible.

I have sort of he same question. Basically i have been using Merlin and OpenVPN for years and successfully been able to set vpn rules to let one chromecast use UK IP, another US etc so very easy just to cast one to that and the other to this... However now i got myself an Android TV so my question is: Is it possible to let e.g. Netflix to make use of an US IP, BBC iplayer of an UK and HBO nordic to use another? All from the same device?

EDIT: Using Merlin 384.13_10 and no more support for my router so latest firmware...

Last edited:
384.13_10 was a special build for the AC87U that came out at the same time as 384.18. So it's possible that it might be compatible. I suggest you ask in the x3mRouting thread whether anyone has got it working with that model.

384.13_10 was a special build for the AC87U that came out at the same time as 384.18. So it's possible that it might be compatible. I suggest you ask in the x3mRouting thread whether anyone has got it working with that model.
Ok, will try that. Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!