What's new

amtm amtm scripts: pre-mount & post-mount

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

L81

New Around Here
Hi! I am following this guide to set my USB drive ready for a swap file and some scripts (Diversion is main objective)
I would like to understand how amtm addon manages scripts, so I found pre-mount & post-mount folders within jffs folder.

My current config runs Disk Check at pre-mount and then set Swap File at post-mount. No other scripts installed by now.

My question is about how the pre-mount script is run first and then pre-mount does. In other words, "who" is managing the order of execution? Merlin Firmware or amtm itself ?

The point is that I would like to understand what is happening during boot so I would know a wayback to a previous state where no scripts (pre, post) where called and the USB device was not a player in my config.

Thanks!!

I installed the latest amtm, and then realized afterward I should have used the link for firmware prior to 384.15.
All looks OK, except it shows a new x3mRouting whereas I'm stuck at 2.0.0 due to having the RT-3200, my firmware updates stop at 384.13_10.

Should I try to remove it or leave it as is? Just concerned it I leave it I may forget and download something that's not compatible. Any advice other than pay more attention :) Thanks folks

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!