What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amtm used to work at root prompt, but now I need to type "/jffs/scripts/amtm". Is something changed in the latest version or my installation problem?

amtm used to work at root prompt, but now I need to type "/jffs/scripts/amtm". Is something changed in the latest version or my installation problem?

If entware installation is detected amtm will symlink its-self to /opt/bin (meaning you can execute it just using "amtm")

Im a newbie here. I installed this from the link at the beginning, created the swap file, all good, exited, and when i start it again 3 and 4 both say 'Menu not Available'. I cant remember what those options were however.........

Im a newbie here. I installed this from the link at the beginning, created the swap file, all good, exited, and when i start it again 3 and 4 both say 'Menu not Available'. I cant remember what those options were however.........
Entware and pixelserv-tls, do you have them installed?
Code:
 SNBForum Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

amtm 1.2            by thelonelycoder
---------------------------------------
 RT-AC86U aarch64 384.4 192.168.1.1
---------------------------------------

SNBForum scripts
 1  open     AB-Solution
 2  open     dnscrypt installer
 3  update   Entware
 4  update   pixelserv-tls beta version
 5  open     Skynet

swp delete   Swap file /mnt/SNB
 dc remove   Disk check script
dcl show     Disk check log

u  update
 r  remove
 a  about
 e  exit

Nope - not installed either of them. Waiting on a new usb3 drive first. they did show up when first installed, I did the swap thing, then exited, then restarted it, and those menu options gone.

Nope - not installed either of them. Waiting on a new usb3 drive first. they did show up when first installed, I did the swap thing, then exited, then restarted it, and those menu options gone.

If I am following you correctly ???

Install AB-Solution and install Entware or even just Entware. I prefer to do AB-Solution first and install pixelserv, which will also install Entware.

After Entware is installed run the command to install amtm again and it will persist form then on.

All sorted now. Thanks. Entware installed, then AB-Solution, used AB-Solution to install pixelserv-tls, then installed amtm (then used that to create the swap file), amtm menu shows an option to install pixelserv-tls beta version (but will leave that alone). Exited amtm, then restarted with amtm to re-run - menu's all fixed. Now going to use amtm to install skynet. Then have a play with it all and read all the forum posts relating to all those.

my question is does the dc script still conflict with Start-services or does amtm have away to recall Start-services after disk check is done?

I'm currently using all the packages offered under amtm. I have a question regarding DNS

On the router, under WAN > WAN DNS Settings. Do we need to specify a DNS Server or select YES on Connect to DNS Server automatically?

I'm currently using all the packages offered under amtm. I have a question regarding DNS

On the router, under WAN > WAN DNS Settings. Do we need to specify a DNS Server or select YES on Connect to DNS Server automatically?
Do not select yes dnscrypt will over ride the setting you refer to anyway but as a fail back use something like cloudflare 1.1.1.1 or googles 8.8.8.8 so that if for some reason dnscrypt fails to load you have dns still.

Hello,
Trying to install AB-Solution, it fails during the internet test: DNS level 3 and Cloudfare. I do have however an internet connection.
I try to install to Susu AC87u with FM 385.5.

The router is behind a cable modem.
The IP address of that cable modem differs from the Asus.
The router takes care of DHCP for the clients.
Can I install AB-Solution?

Raymond

Hello,
Trying to install AB-Solution, it fails during the internet test: DNS level 3 and Cloudfare. I do have however an internet connection.
I try to install to Susu AC87u with FM 385.5.

The router is behind a cable modem.
The IP address of that cable modem differs from the Asus.
The router takes care of DHCP for the clients.
Can I install AB-Solution?

Raymond
The command it runs is:
Code:
ping -c 2 209.244.0.3
for Level 3 and
Code:
ping -c 2 1.1.1.1
for Cloudfare server.
Those are publicly available ping-able resources. If they don't work other operations during install will fail as well.
Make sure your router can ping them.

Hi @thelonelycoder - Thanks for your work on this and ab-solution (going to post something there after this).

I just wanted to give you a bit of feedback. I am currently trying to install dnscrypt (both with amtm and without) and having a bunch of problems.
These problems are mostly unrelated to amtm, but there is one thing that is problematic. Your code for running the dnscrypt installer:

Code:
curl -L -s -k -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thuantran/dnscrypt-asuswrt-installer/master/installer && sh installer ; rm installer

Only works of course if both online AND DNS is working. Unfortunately, in my case dnscrypt is causing all sorts of issues to the effect that I can't get out to the internet at all until I uninstall it. However, the only way to uninstall it is to run the script - which I can't get because after amtm ran it, it deleted it!
d
I got around this by just getting a copy manually and keeping it offline. I had to do this by adding an /etc/host entry for raw.githubusercontent.com. Then I was able to curl it down.

You may want to consider not removing this file, but rather keeping it around after install. You can always check for online status to download the latest copy - but fall back to the cached one if unavailable. This would allow someone in my predicament an easier way to remove the offending application.

Thanks!

I can't get out to the internet at all until I uninstall it. However, the only way to uninstall it is to run the script - which I can't get because after amtm ran it, it deleted it!
That command is the same as posted by the coder of the installer.
It removes the installer at the end which is intended by the coder. I do not change other scripts start/install commands when and if they work out of the box for amtm. If I'd have to alter a script or command it would not be fit for amtm.

To not have the installer script removed at the end, just don't copy/paste the last bit of that command. Be aware that it stores the file in the current working directory (CWD) on your router. This is /home/root by default, a volatile directory, content will not survive a reboot of the router.
The bit to leave out is:
Code:
; rm installer

That command is the same as posted by the coder of the installer.

Fair enough. I'll bring it up with that coder. The app should install a permanent uninstall method and not rely on a possibly unavailable script.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!