What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Don't forget to update the thread title ;)
Done, no version in title now as this messes up notifications for some.

Sure, just use the installer command from the Diversion website.
Last one, do I have to fully uninstall ABS3 first? Just to ensure I'm not leaving any leftovers of previous version and ensure no conflicts will happen

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos

Back again with a small problem.
I have a new USB stick of 1GB now instead of the 128Mb for my router.
Formatted it too ext2 and plugged into the router.
Instead of only going for Diversion i went for AMTM so i can install other mods aswell and manage evrything from one system.

Unfortionally i works for Diversion but Skynet doesnt work.
It says installed but it isnt showing the menu.
When manually entering sh /jffs/scripts/firewall it shows a problem and i need to do the same command with restart.
Doing so results in a error that it doesnt have write acces and fails.
Any idea what i might be doing wrong?

Below what i see when do sh /jffs/scripts/firewall restart

#############################################################################################################
# _____ _ _ __ #
# / ____| | | | / / #
# | (___ | | ___ _ _ __ ___| |_ __ __/ /_ #
# \___ \| |/ / | | | '_ \ / _ \ __| \ \ / / '_ \ #
# ____) | <| |_| | | | | __/ |_ \ V /| (_) | #
# |_____/|_|\_\\__, |_| |_|\___|\__| \_/ \___/ #
# __/ | #
# |___/ #
# #
## - 04/09/2018 - Asus Firewall Addition By Adamm v6.4.0 #
## https://github.com/Adamm00/IPSet_ASUS #
#############################################################################################################

du: /skynet.log: No such file or directory
[: bad number
Skynet: [INFO] Restarting Skynet...
Restarting Firewall Service

Skynet: [Complete] IPs / Ranges Banned. 0 New IPs / 0 New Ranges Banned. Inbound / Outbound Connections Blocked! [restart] [1s]

/jffs/scripts/firewall: line 3390: can't create /skynet.cfg: Read-only file system

Done.
admin@RT-AC68U-5770:/tmp/home/root#

Edit:
When trying to manually install Skynet with the url in that forum i receive a error about ipset being to old.
That problem might be related to this error?

Last edited:
When trying to manually install Skynet with the url in that forum i receive a error about ipset being to old.
That problem might be related to this error?
What firmware version is installed? You might have to update to a more recent Asuswrt-Merlin firmware that comes with a newer version of ipset.

Are we able to install the latest version of Pixelserv using amtm?
Yes. Choose the beta install in the amtm menu.

Quick question folks.

I had to format the USB drive and reinstall AMTM

However now after the install when I try to launch it from the root

/tmp/home/root# AMTM

-sh: amtm: not found

What is the quick for fix for this.

Quick question folks.

I had to format the USB drive and reinstall AMTM

However now after the install when I try to launch it from the root

/tmp/home/root# AMTM

-sh: amtm: not found

What is the quick for fix for this.
/jffs/scripts/amtm

thelonelycoder, are you going to add an option to the pixelserv beta installer for 2.2.0-rc.3 (prepend "_binfavor=static " )? I suppose you may be waiting for kvic's current rapid pace of development to stabilize before committing changes. I figured I should ask anyways, since AMTM already has the beta installer, but users may not realize there is an 'manual option' to use openssllib 1.1.1 instead.

...also wondering if that was intended to be '_binflavor', hehe.

Cheers,
Kev

is it possible/advised to install amtm after I already installed Diversion and Skynet?

I have today had to re-do my USB from scratch.
All back in operation (amtm, skynet, fresh,diversion) but I just have two amtm questions I cant sort :

1 - diverion installed the latest pixelserve, the menu still says to install, I install it, but still says to install - but it is working ?
2 - I used to be able to run amtm from anywhere after ssh, not I have to cd to /scripts and run ./amtm to start it

***** IGNORE - I figured it our *********
Thanks.

Last edited:
thelonelycoder, are you going to add an option to the pixelserv beta installer for 2.2.0-rc.3 (prepend "_binfavor=static " )? I suppose you may be waiting for kvic's current rapid pace of development to stabilize before committing changes. I figured I should ask anyways, since AMTM already has the beta installer, but users may not realize there is an 'manual option' to use openssllib 1.1.1 instead.

Cheers,
Kev
No, this is a temporary thing. If you want to be so adventurous you'll have to figure it out yourself.

Cheers,
Kev
Kivc already say rc6 coming out soon. Kivc already say the OpenSSL version is more like alpha testing. Not supposed to be normal operation. You should already know when you are in the test group.

Kivc already say rc6 coming out soon. Kivc already say the OpenSSL version is more like alpha testing. Not supposed to be normal operation. You should already know when you are in the test group.

Seems many people are still confused and not clear about the goal of statically linked builds..

For most router users on this forum, they're likely not going to get OpenSSL 1.1.1 from either FW update nor Entware anytime soon. I have the feeling that ARMv7 routers may never get OpenSSL 1.1.1 on Entware. Routers without OpenSSL 1.1.1 cannot have TLS 1.3 support from pixelserv-tls v2.2.

A statically linked pixelserv-tls build can solve this problem. It includes a copy of OpenSSL 1.1.1 within the binary and for the sole use by pixelserv-tls itself.

The creation of statically linked builds are on goodwill and as a service to forum members here. I intend to support it as long as feasible.

DISCLAIMER: Like any FREE software, users should not expect the statically linked builds will always be available or get updated as frequently as OpenSSL 1.1.1 patch releases. Support or availability could also stop at any moment without prior notice.

Seems many people are still confused and not clear about the goal of statically linked builds..
I hear you @kvic !

amtm 1.4 is now available

What's new in v1.4
- UI changes: Wider, better, cooler.
- Shows installed versions in menu for Skynet, pixelserv-tls beta and Diversion.
- Option to install static or dynamic pixelserv-tls beta version (router support permitted).
- Coding and wording changes.
- License change from GPL-2.0 (back to) GPL-3.0

How to update to v1.4
In the amtm menu, enter u to update to this latest version.

Screenshot of amtm 1.4, with the color scheme selected in Diversion:

BmuPrDn.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!