What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

When you installed Diversion it also installed Entware. When you then uninstalled Diversion, it gave you two options:
- Only remove Diversion and leave Entware installed
- Completely remove both
You selected the first option. Be assured that Diversion completely removes itself without a trace when uninstalling.
You are now left with Entware and the necessary start and stop scripts there for it to work.

To completely remove Entware, do this:
- Delete line ". /jffs/scripts/post-mount.div # Added by Diversion" in /jffs/scripts/post-mount
- Delete file /jffs/scripts/post-mount.div
- Delete line "/opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung stop # Added by Diversion" in /jffs/scripts/services-stop
- Reboot router
- Delete folder "entware" on your attached USB device

Thanks. I already had entware installed before I installed Diversion. I did pick option 1 to uninstall but I found several pieces of Diversion remaining. I am referring to scripts and extra lines in /jffs/scripts. I remembered seeing other things installed, like cron jobs and also some stuff in something like /opt or something like that. I do not know enough about all the stuff Diversion does when it installs so I didn't know where to look to clean it up.

I want to leave entware installed as I may use some of the packages in the future. I just want to make sure Diversion is removed for now.

Thanks. I already had entware installed before I installed Diversion. I did pick option 1 to uninstall but I found several pieces of Diversion remaining. I am referring to scripts and extra lines in /jffs/scripts. I remembered seeing other things installed, like cron jobs and also some stuff in something like /opt or something like that. I do not know enough about all the stuff Diversion does when it installs so I didn't know where to look to clean it up.

I want to leave entware installed as I may use some of the packages in the future. I just want to make sure Diversion is removed for now.
Again, rest assured that Diversion was completely removed and only left Entware with the necessary start/stop scripts behind. No Diversion cron jons are left after uninstalling.
The lines saying "added by Diversion" in /jffs/scripts/ and the file post-mount.div are the reaseft for Entware.

Understand that Diversion is probably the most complex and advanced script you come across. It has capabilities and settings that evolved over time.

Since the router UI reboot scheduler is corrupting drives while rebooting, would an option to set a cron job in amtm for a proper reboot be a welcome addition?

Since the router UI reboot scheduler is corrupting drives while rebooting, would an option to set a cron job in amtm for a proper reboot be a welcome addition?

I don't personally use Reboot Scheduler but options are always good so sure why not lol

I don't personally use Reboot Scheduler but options are always good so sure why not lol
Why do some users want to use a reboot scheduler? Maybe I’ve been lucky with 2 RT-AC68Us over the past 5 or 6 years. I’ve seen that some people find their routers get slower and slower until they reboot, with no apparent reason for this. Is this the sort of symptom that causes people to set a acheduled reboot, or are there additional reasons? (I’m not looking to schedule reboots, just interested to know why.)

Last edited:
Why do people want to use a reboot scheduler? Maybe I’ve been lucky with 2 RT-AC68Us over the past 5 or 6 years. I’ve seen that some people find their routers get slower and slower until they reboot, with no apparent reason for this. Is this the sort of symptom that causes people to set a acheduled reboot, or are there additional reasons? (I’m not looking to schedule reboots, just interested to know why.)

I don't use it myself either but probably they're doing it to get a new IP from thier ISP or anything like that. Or maybe just to keep everything fresh.

I don't use it myself either but probably they're doing it to get a new IP from thier ISP or anything like that. Or maybe just to keep everything fresh.
Of course: new IP, I didn’t think of that, though I think I’ve noticed that witn my own ISP (TalkTalk, UK) that a reboot usually retains the previous IP address.

Why do some users want to use a reboot scheduler? Maybe I’ve been lucky with 2 RT-AC68Us over the past 5 or 6 years. I’ve seen that some people find their routers get slower and slower until they reboot, with no apparent reason for this. Is this the sort of symptom that causes people to set a acheduled reboot, or are there additional reasons? (I’m not looking to schedule reboots, just interested to know why.)
Some have their reasons and there must be a benefit, otherwise it would not be built into the UI.

One speaking against scheduled reboots is what I just saw with my main router, the RT-AC86U on 384.9_beta1.
I sent a reboot via WebUI and it just shut down, lights out and stayed there until I removed the power cord and re plugged. Never happened before.
These may be relevant as I have not noticed the failed lines before:
Code:
May  5 07:05:05 kernel:   bcm963xx-pcie: found core [2] Rev [ 3. 4]^M
May  5 07:05:05 kernel:   bcm963xx-pcie: failed to bring up core [2] link^M

May  5 07:05:05 kernel: hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
May  5 07:05:05 kernel: hub 1-0:1.0: config failed, hub doesn't have any ports! (err -19)

Good to see Mr. @L&LD is around :)

Good to see Mr. @L&LD is around :)

Thank you thelonelycoder! For remembering me and for your awesome scripts and contributions to this community and the Asus/RMerlin world at large!

It is good to be back. Feels like home.

I hope I will be able to contribute back in the not too distant future.

L&LD

Yes!! Can it be setup without reboot scheduler? A proper reboot would be nice.

Last edited:
Thank you thelonelycoder! For remembering me and for your awesome scripts and contributions to this community and the Asus/RMerlin world at large!

It is good to be back. Feels like home.

I hope I will be able to contribute back in the not too distant future.

L&LD
Take it slow or you'll regret coming back into the fold ;)

Some have their reasons and there must be a benefit, otherwise it would not be built into the UI.

One speaking against scheduled reboots is what I just saw with my main router, the RT-AC86U on 384.9_beta1.
I sent a reboot via WebUI and it just shut down, lights out and stayed there until I removed the power cord and re plugged. Never happened before.
These may be relevant as I have not noticed the failed lines before:
Code:
May  5 07:05:05 kernel:   bcm963xx-pcie: found core [2] Rev [ 3. 4]^M
May  5 07:05:05 kernel:   bcm963xx-pcie: failed to bring up core [2] link^M

May  5 07:05:05 kernel: hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
May  5 07:05:05 kernel: hub 1-0:1.0: config failed, hub doesn't have any ports! (err -19)

I've seen that behavior many times on my 86U as well but it's random and does not happen everytime.

Yes!! Can it be setup without reboot scheduler?
That's the idea, it would only set a cron job. Though I'd have to figure out the mechanism first to make it work in any situation and how best to code it.
- Reboot everytime * or only once
- Reboot once per week on a single day or every day, or only a selection of days per week

But it would be best to start with the UI options:
Date to Reboot: Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat (multiple choice), should say Day to Reboot, welcome AsusEnglish
Time of Day to Reboot: HH:MM

I've seen that behavior many times on my 86U as well but it's random and does not happen everytime.
So, this is a known problem then.
This router rarely gets rebooted, I have my test routers to do everything else I throw at them.
But I wanted to test the dc function on it and see how the unmount and subsequent test runs.
Test ran with flying colors but the router just sitting there, all in its black glory with red stripes and no lights is a very unusual sight for me.

This router rarely gets rebooted, I have my test routers to do everything else I throw at them.
But I wanted to test the dc function on it and see how the unmount and subsequent test runs.
Test ran with flying colors but the router just sitting there, all in its black glory with red stripes and no lights is a very unusual sight for me.
Yes, it is a known issue specifically on the 86U. There is no rhyme nor reason to when it successfully reboots vs when it shuts down.

YES! I just setup a cron job to do that, following this guide, but in amtm would be good.

Here is my reason, ugh.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/skynet-asus-firewall-addition.16798/page-202#post-463150

Yes, unfortunately.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac86u-sometimes-powers-completely-off-during-reboot.48296/

That's the idea, it would only set a cron job. Though I'd have to figure out the mechanism first to make it work in any situation and how best to code it.
- Reboot everytime * or only once
- Reboot once per week on a single day or every day, or only a selection of days per week

But it would be best to start with the UI options:
Date to Reboot: Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat (multiple choice), should say Day to Reboot, welcome AsusEnglish
Time of Day to Reboot: HH:MM
I'd like once every two weeks of possible, that is when the "can't fork" leprechaun bites me in the ***. :eek:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!