What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amtm never have a theme manager of its own, it was simply using the default color scheme of Diversion to decide the color scheme but the latest amtm version is not compatible with current Diversion themes and probably a future Diversion update will fix it.

Yes, see post 937 by thelonelycoder. :)

Should include the option to toggle the theme, i liked it!
amtm uses no settings file itself and never will. It's a standalone script that reads the state of scripts in use as it loads.
Having the theme option is exclusive to Diversion users, as it has almost ever been.

Ahh okay he edited the post, that's great!!!
I wantet to get amtm v2.2 out first so that routers have the latest amtm installed when I release the next Diversion update.
Also, this gets amtm out of my head so I can concentrate on the next release of Diversion.

This concludes my commenting about the amtm theme change.
Be patient folks, I have things to do.

I'm sure dealing with personal taste issues is the last of @thelonelycoder priorities. That being said, a theme manager would be nice if possible. Personally, I don't like the bare bones look of amtm. I find it much harder to quickly gauge what's new, changed, or requires an update. No rush though, I'll happily wait for the next update when everything is ready.

Hi,

I'm trying to reformat the USB drive in AMTM fd and I receive this error ...

Code:

Formatting sda Kingston DataTraveler 3.0 (31.0 GB) now!

Stopping file serving services and swap file

Unmounting device(s)
umount: can't unmount /tmp/mnt/AMTM: Device or resource busy
Usage: service <action_service>

Filesystem(s) did not unmount
  See error above for reason

Does anyone know how to over come this issue?

Cheers :)

Hi,

Code:

Unmounting device(s)

Did you try rebooting without USB and after some minutes try formatting in amtm? something is using your usb .

Try maybe formatting the usb in WebUi to NTFS and then go back to amtm to format it to EXT

Last edited:
Hi,

Code:

Unmounting device(s)

Close all other terminals, WinSCP app or anything else that accesses the device. Except of course the terminal you're on to format.

Close all other terminals, WinSCP app or anything else that accesses the device. Except of course the terminal you're on to format.

Thanks, mate. I'll do that after I solve another issue.

Did you try rebooting without USB and after some minutes try formatting in amtm? something is using your usb .

Try maybe formatting the usb in WebUi to NTFS and then go back to amtm to format it to EXT

Thanks, I'll give it a go soon.

One last comment on the color scheme discussion. @thelonelycoder used to have side by side screen pics of the 4 different SSH clients showing the color differences. From what I recall, the green color had the most variability among the different clients. Some were flat green and others fluorescent green,, the later being my issue. The white text gets washed out. I couldn't find the pictures on https://diversion.ch though. I'd like to see them if they are still posted somewhere.

The green on black is okay for me and I've been using it to highlight menu options.
upload_2019-5-16_19-52-32.png

Anyone use the TSO/ISPF screen? ;)
upload_2019-5-16_19-43-0.png

I give up. Diversion will be released shortly. I had more features in my list to add but they can now wait.

Alright, I hear you all complaining about the forced amtm default theme. Looks like I had one job and failed at it miserably.
The change to force all to the default theme is unavoidable since the current Diversion themes no longer work with amtm v2.2 and later.
I had to make the cut at one point and that point is now.
Selected themes in amtm will return with the next Diversion update.

I have pushed an update for amtm to default to the basic theme, just as it did in the earlier days.
No version change.

Use u to update amtm
Yea - much better!! I can read the options now. Thanks for the change. But one small request - please consider doing a minor version number scheme, like maybe 2.21 or 2.2_1 or ?? It makes it easier to know that any update is available rather than rely on reading a forum thread.

Yea - much better!! I can read the options now. Thanks for the change. But one small request - please consider doing a minor version number scheme, like maybe 2.21 or 2.2_1 or ?? It makes it easier to know that any update is available rather than rely on reading a forum thread.
amtm has this feature to use u to check for updates. Minor (bugfix) updates get no version change. Same in Diversion.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!