What's new

android phone usb tethering does not work on asus rt-n66w

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hans19922

New Around Here
hello all,
I tried to connect to my android smartphone via usb on my out router rt-n66w. However, I can not get an internet connection. can you help me?
Unbenannt.PNG

What have you configured under USB Application > 3G/4G > USB Modem / USB Tethering ?

Sorry, I'm out of ideas. This has worked for me on my RT-AC68U but I've never tried it on an RT-N66W. When I used it I did notice that the phone's connection to the internet needs to be very good otherwise it doesn't work properly.

This seems to be a problem with the firmware. As reported here, the latest release made Android USB tethering impossible for me - but John's Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS fork works fine.

I think that your RT-N66W is probably the white version of my RT-N66U (?); if so that may be an option.

Does it make a difference to use English in the router? Maybe a possible language bug?

@ColinTaylor, I noticed that and deleted my post. But not before you had quoted me. :)

But now I'm thinking he may have simply uploaded the same screen snip by accident?