What's new

Another Mesh Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

frostywite

New Around Here
Here is the back story. Started with a 66u b1 in my office upstairs and used my trusty 56 with padavan to bridge downstairs to the wife’s computer. My 56 has been used as a bridge for over 3 plus years rock solid. I decided to try ai mesh so I picked up a 68u and placed that unit upstairs and wireless meshed the 66u at the wife’s computer. About 4 times a day, she would get disconnects. After a while, they seemed to become more frequent, the 66u would completely reboot, both wireless lights shut off and about 30 seconds would come back on and reconnect. I thought maybe the 66u was going bad so I ordered an 86u and placed that unit in my office and moved the 68u to her computer. Immediately started having the very same issues, router would reboot and reconnect. Rebooted both units, updated, and turned off: RA, Airtime fairness, and even tried moving her router 10 feet closer to the main router, no luck. Decided to pull the plug on mesh this last weekend and went hardwire. I ran an Ethernet cable in the crawl to her computer and to a point behind our TV. I moved the cable modem and router to behind the tv and ran a MOCA adapter to connect my PC upstairs. Separate note, the MOCA adapters are absolutely awesome, full speed 900mbs down even with a splitter. Anyways, now her PC is connected with Ethernet and she seems to be working out ok but now the wireless signal is crap in the bedroom with only the one router which is the furthest part away. So then I tried mesh with the new Ethernet cable as wired backhaul. About an hour of use, the wireless dropped out. As a last ditch effort, I am thinking of trying one last time using the moca adapter to backhaul to the 68u back in my office and turning roaming blocklist on everything but our phones.

So here are my questions, is mesh this bad for everyone? Am I better off just using the upstairs router as AP Bridge and just connecting it up with separate SSID and only using it when upstairs? And lastly, is there any way to grab logs from the node router?

So here are my questions, is mesh this bad for everyone? Am I better off just using the upstairs router as AP Bridge and just connecting it up with separate SSID and only using it when upstairs? And lastly, is there any way to grab logs from the node router?
Correct, Aimesh is still not stable and your issues are seen by otheres too. Go with AP mode till they hopefully got it, you could use same SSID upstairs to an let clients decide to which router they connect (usually easier if you dont move much with running app).