What's new

Another Speed Testing Site

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

https://www.measurementlab.net/tools/ndt/

This is google's stuff - and a link to a github so one can implement on the LAN side...

I could tell it's google's stuff. Reporting mere fractions of what I actually get from my ISP. :rolleyes:

The jitter measurement is nice though (26ms), but I don't know how it compares to anything else or if it is even good or bad or even real. ;)

This link does not bring up anything useful.

Nor this?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=speed+test

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 7.55.13 AM.png

Lola, yup! :)

Lola, yup! :)

Is that the extent of what you have to say about them? Do I take that as a YUP/fantastic or YUP/past my level of expertise in pinging, LOL.

Since it was deleted by someone I guess I know the answer.

Is that the extent of what you have to say about them? Do I take that as a YUP/fantastic or YUP/past my level of expertise in pinging, LOL.

Since it was deleted by someone I guess I know the answer.

I answered your question which was did we try it. There was a thread or a few posts about it many months ago.

Just another online speed test that I use to compare against anything else I've used. So I guess the 'yup' is 'it works'.

What was deleted? This thread looks complete to me?

Nothing was deleted or moderated - dslreports.com/speedtest is a well known site, and it does a nice job, the intent of this thread was to introduce some other lesser known sites - seems like everyone is getting into it these days...

Here are some of the updated official internet speed test sites for internet service providers:

Armstrong Internet Speed Test (Zoom)
AT&T High Speed Internet Speed Test
CableOne
Cablevision (Optimum)
Fios Speed Test (Verizon)

There are 2 kinds of speed tests you need, 1 is to test your ISP's line, the other is to test your actual internet speed. Its easy to fake a speedtest.net, i've had speedtests that say they are 1ms when i have 5ms of additional latency via powerline. speedtest.net is easy to cheat, but its important to have other speed tests sites to test your actual speed and config.

So more independent speed tests sites are needed.

ISP speed test sites can be used in another way too, seeing how fast your connection is to that particular ISP. For example lets say you want to transfer data to someone using verizon, you use verizon's speed test despite using another ISP to see how fast your connect is to that ISP.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!