What's new

Antenna Orientation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

whsbuss

I have an AC68U in my 2nd floor office, approx in the middle of my house. I spend most of my time downstairs approx 50 feet from the router. My question is how should my antennas be oriented? I have them set as shown on the box, W shape but bent towards the back of the router at 40 degrees. Would it be better to have them W shape straight up?

W Shape approx. 45 degs is the recommend orientation I believe.

Correct antenna placement is what works for you every environment is different what works for one may not work as well for another experiment around and see what works the best in your situation.

This is what works best for me in a 4 story townhouse. Router is on the 1st floor.

_ | _

Turn the router 90degrees left or right to get best signal. So its perpendicular with the house or parallel.

Last edited:
As KGB7 said, if you're trying to improve signal on floors above or below your router, positioning at least one of the antennas parallel to the floor (0 degrees) will likely improve your situation.

As KGB7 said, if you're trying to improve signal on floors above or below your router, positioning at least one of the antennas parallel to the floor (0 degrees) will likely improve your situation.

Will give that a try. I did turn the router so it faces the front/back instead of left/right and that helped.

Hi,
Considering the wave length of the either signal, moving router
little bit any direction also can yield definite improvement. My router is located on the top floor loft in 2 story house. Signal can reach down to basement w/o any problem.

This is what works best for me in a 4 story townhouse. Router is on the 1st floor.

_ | _

Turn the router 90degrees left or right to get best signal. So its perpendicular with the house or parallel.
It's funny because in my single level home this is what works best for me when combined with 9dBi antennas:

|||

That is perpendicular to the long axis of my house's floor plan.

It's funny because in my single level home this is what works best for me when combined with 9dBi antennas:

|||

That is perpendicular to the long axis of my house's floor plan.

For a single.story home that would be the best way to do it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!