1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Any easy to follow torrent install threads?

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Nathan Groves, Dec 8, 2018 at 12:59 PM.

1. Nathan Groves

Nathan Groves Occasional Visitor

Hello again all, I'm here with another Noob post unfortunately .

I've read the thread here https://www.snbforums.com/threads/t...asuswrt-merlin-routers-through-entware.17170/ because I want to install a different client to Download Master however I am completely dumb when it comes to this stuff and I'll be installing it on an attached HDD and the info in that thread is geared more towards network storage.

Does anyone know where I can get an idiot guide to installing a torrent client on my 86U that has a 2tb HDD attached to it's USB3 port?

Ideally I'd like a webui for it as I mainly add torrents when I'm away from home. The HDD is currently formatted to NTFS, but this can obviously be changed.
    If any further information is required please call me a dumb ass for missing it out lol

2. Nathan Groves

One and only bump, just incase .

Regards,

Nathan

3. bbunge

bbunge Very Senior Member

Google is your friend. Search for Entware and Transmission on Asus.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

martinr likes this.
  4. loveleeyoungae

loveleeyoungae Regular Contributor

5. Nathan Groves

Hi loveleeyoungae,
    Thanks for your reply, that is a much easier tutorial to follow than the ones I've found on Google .
    I'll be going through the install process this weekend and hope I can get it working as Downloadmaster although easy isn't very good due to crashing a lot of the time .

Thanks again friend,

Nathan