What's new

Any effective way to block Roblox by allowing access by time?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jpthsd

Regular Contributor
Anyone has effective way to block Roblox? I tried everything but Roblox is not an easy target to block!

Since you're in a generic forum, I have no idea what kind of router you have, whether it's using OEM or third-party firmware, and therefore the options available to you. The answer to the above can make a big difference in what is and isn't possible.

That said, I'll just assume a best case scenario where you can manipulate the system to some degree.

Can't you just add the domain to your ad-blocker? So many ppl are using one (or more than one) these days, you should be able to add it to the blacklist.

If not, your firmware may allow you to add DNS records. My own router (ASUS RT-AC68U running FreshTomato v2002.2) uses DNSMasq, and allows me to add something like the following.

Code:
address=/roblox.com/0.0.0.0

That's the most common and rudimentary form of blocking. But sometimes that's not enough, esp. if the app/user is using multiple domain names (perhaps domain names you're not aware of), and/or explicit public IPs (thereby making DNS-based blocking futile).

But without details, it's hard to make additional recommendations.

Last edited:
If you have Skynet, I would consider complete blocking of all potential IPs related to Roblox via ASN banning. See steps below:

1. Login to your router via SSH and issue the following command:

Code:
nslookup roblox.com

then make note of the IP address that you get.

2. On your browser (Internet Explorer, etc), go to:

www.ipinfo.io

and once on that site enter the IP that you got from step 1 above and hit Enter

3. Make note of the ASN info (it will be displayed right below the IP you typed, amongst a bunch of info and it will look like “ASNxxxxx”).

4. Go to Skynet (from your AMTM menu) and choose step 2 (“Ban”).

5. Select option 4 (to ban by ASN and enter your entire ASN from above - include all letters and numbers as shown on step 4).

6. Hit Enter and you are done.

7. To test, close your browser/clear your cache. Open it up again and then type:

www.roblox.com

and if that address does not resolve that means you are good to go.

Hope this helps.