What's new

Any experience with the TP Link EAP225 V3 AP?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ppilot

Regular Contributor
The previous version got a pretty good review and currently Amazon has it on sale for only $70. I was thinking about disabling the wireless on my R7000 and go with AP's upstairs and downstairs. Somewhat relatedly, does anyone have any experience with TPLINK POE switches?

Update - Ubiquiti AC Lites are also now on sale for $70. Based on the testing in December, they seemed pretty equivalent does it just come down to Ecosystem?

Last edited:
The previous version got a pretty good review and currently Amazon has it on sale for only $70. I was thinking about disabling the wireless on my R7000 and go with AP's upstairs and downstairs. Somewhat relatedly, does anyone have any experience with TPLINK POE switches?

Update - Ubiquiti AC Lites are also now on sale for $70. Based on the testing in December, they seemed pretty equivalent does it just come down to Ecosystem?

I've been all over this ever since THiggin's article came out & I was looking for a solution to bring a stronger signal to my front Ring doorbell cam.
Have 2 TPL AP's now linked to my hacked TMO 1900/Asus 68U for full property coverage & speeds at those points close to marketed speeds (300 Mbps) & well over 100 Mbps @ most places.

Never used Ubiquiti but they have a rabid Apple like fan club for sure.

I chose the TPL based on the feedback & performance data here & on Amazon.
Plus it seemed from my research the TP-Link was easier to set up & configure for noobs than for experience network users.
The Ubiquiti's involved additional enticement for their cloudkey, ethernet router, & switches to gain possible optimization - yes ecosystem.

vs. the TPL's plug & play transparency it appears.

& yes I also bought the TPL 5 port PoE switch also. Just because it was convenient & right there on Amazon.

No problems or downtime to all of this so far.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!