What's new

Any general tips to optimize router for low latency (wired connection)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

suri

New Around Here
For reference I have the N66U and have the 374.43_32E4j9527 firmware installed. I'm asking specifically for wired connections, my aim is to have the lowest ping possible.

Are there any settings that has lowered your latency? Are there any processes that I should turn off that impact latency?

None really, latency caused hardware routers generally are lies within the hardware design itself, very little you can do to drastically improve the latency even by 1/2ms. QoS on the other hand may have adversary effect on latency that may increase or decrease the latency by a small margin depending on the scenario, but none that would have a drastic influence. The most important is still the quality of your ISP, bandwidth package you have and peering between your ISP to the end service provider that you're using.

For reference I have the N66U and have the 374.43_32E4j9527 firmware installed. I'm asking specifically for wired connections, my aim is to have the lowest ping possible.

Are there any settings that has lowered your latency? Are there any processes that I should turn off that impact latency?

Usually for DSL connection in Italy your ISP can set your line to Fastpath that is an option that reduce your latency, it is good for gamers. The result is about 40% less of latency. Maybe is it possible in your country too.

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk