What's new

Any idea how to solve this compilation error ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

szaby59

New Around Here
UPDATE

Asus uploaded fixed GPL packages, now it works fine.

Original post:
Hi,
I downloaded the latest GPL source code for the DSL-N17U model. I saw that someone reported a similar issue on the official ASUS forum but still tried to compile it.
And I'm always getting this error:
asus.png

The picture above is from the latest AC56U source - I also tried this one because they released a newer firmware and source code but I get the same error - so the GPL code they uploaded is still glitched or my system is missing something (nothing new mentioned in the readme).
I'm using their "recommended" setup, Ubuntu 12.04 + stuff from the readme and Merlin's page https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Compile-Firmware-from-source-using-Ubuntu.

The previous code from february compiles without issues this way. Any idea what that "lptcsrv" might be ?

Last edited:
ptcsrv is the new protect_srv service from Asus, under router/protect_srv/.

Dunno if Asus actually tested it on these MIPS models, you could disable it in your build config.

Disabled "ASUS_PROTECTION_SERVER" in the device profile file, but still the same error.

Make sure to do a "make clean" and also remove the .config file.

Also, something looks odd with your build path, such as reference to DSL-AC56U when you mention building DSL-N17U. In fact, I don't even recognize the paths in your output as being regular Asuswrt paths.

I tried to build the AC56U fw as well because it's a newer version (hoped if they fixed it for this one the next one for DSL-17U will be fixed as well). The DSL sources - at least the ones I saw have different file structure than RT routers probably that's why the paths look different.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!