What's new

any one using the beta : 3.0.0.4_374.36beta1 on AC68U facing wan slowness?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Routing performance looks fine here.

Without CTF:

Code:
[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
[156]  0.0-30.0 sec  1.35 GBytes    387 Mbits/sec

With CTF:
Code:
[152]  0.0-30.0 sec  2.70 GBytes    774 Mbits/sec

We need more details. Post some numbers, what type of Internet acces you have, how you are testing, etc...

i *just today* got the ac68u and tossed 3.0.0.4_374.36beta1 on it (did a factory reset since i just opened it up) and i'm getting full wan speeds (comcast 50/10, full speed on ipv4 and ipv6)

what i'm trying to figure out is if i should have the 5GHz band wireless-mode set to auto or N+AC... i have it set to N+AC right now seems to be okay...

anyways, WAN speeds seem great so far...

Routing performance looks fine here.

Without CTF:

Code:

[156]  0.0-30.0 sec  1.35 GBytes    387 Mbits/sec

With CTF:

Code:

[152]  0.0-30.0 sec  2.70 GBytes    774 Mbits/sec

We need more details. Post some numbers, what type of Internet acces you have, how you are testing, etc...

I am using starhub fibre and I tested using speedtest.net

I am using starhub fibre and I tested using speedtest.net

What speed are you getting? What speed are you expecting?

I know that there's something going on with Starhub lately. A lot of Starhub customers have their Asus router randomly reboot on them, unless they disable HW acceleration. This is something that Asus is supposed to have addressed with 374.501. In the meantime, see what happens if you disable HW acceleration under LAN -> Switch Control.

Factory default resetting is done by pressing the reset button for about 5-10 seconds, then releasing it.

The hw reboot seems to be in the model ac66u not on the 68 . I am getting 20mbps on download and 100mbps on upload . I am expecting 150mbps download and 100 Mbps on upload .

Used starhub fiber speed test site and not speedtest.net
Speedtest.net at times is wonky and speeds are not always reliable.

Last edited:
The hw reboot seems to be in the model ac66u not on the 68 . I am getting 20mbps on download and 100mbps on upload . I am expecting 150mbps download and 100 Mbps on upload .

No, AC68U users were also affected by the reboot issues. It was even in the AC68 374_501 release notes that they had tweaked CTF to resolve this.

In any case, seeing how I can push over 300 Mbps of traffic through it, I don't think this is a firmware issue (unless you changed something in your configuration without mentionning it, such as QoS). Also the fact that only your downstream seem to be affected - I would make sure it's not something else eating through your bandwidth.

No, AC68U users were also affected by the reboot issues. It was even in the AC68 374_501 release notes that they had tweaked CTF to resolve this.

In any case, seeing how I can push over 300 Mbps of traffic through it, I don't think this is a firmware issue (unless you changed something in your configuration without mentionning it, such as QoS). Also the fact that only your downstream seem to be affected - I would make sure it's not something else eating through your bandwidth.

the good news i have is that the firmware i am using is : 3.0.0.4.374.35_4 and also the beta - 374.36_beta 1 all no reboot at all on the AC68U

Hey Merlin I tested with a direct connection to the modem from ISP and the port set to gigabit full duplex I was able to get 300+ Mbps upload and download . While I am connected via wireless n I only got 50 Mbps download why so?

Hey Merlin I tested with a direct connection to the modem from ISP and the port set to gigabit full duplex I was able to get 300+ Mbps upload and download . While I am connected via wireless n I only got 50 Mbps download why so?

And what is your wireless link speed? It will definitely be a bottleneck - you won't get anywhere near 300 Mbps with 802.11n.

I left the setting at n+ac

That does not tell me what's your actual link speed. It can be anything from 1 Mbps to 450 Mbps if it's a 802.11n interface.

Link speed 300mbps

Max expected throughput then would be around 120-150 Mbps, depending on link quality, amount of retransmits, etc...

Max expected throughput then would be around 120-150 Mbps, depending on link quality, amount of retransmits, etc...

here is the settings , any thing i need to change to make it better ?

ScreenShot2013-12-29at34011pm.png

Try disabling Beamforming (some clients don't like it), and set Preamble to "Short".

Also, do speed tests on your LAN rather than on your WAN to better isolate the source of the slowdown. Too many variables involved otherwise.

Try disabling Beamforming (some clients don't like it), and set Preamble to "Short".

Also, do speed tests on your LAN rather than on your WAN to better isolate the source of the slowdown. Too many variables involved otherwise.

will this setting still hold of the client : USB-AC56?