What's new

Any Realworld AIMesh Performance Benchmarking?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Siteexperts

New Around Here
I currently have a Netgear Orbi connecting to Comcast Gigabit Internet. The throughput is amazing even with all the back haul via wireless (main unit connecting wirelessly to 2 satellites - house only has wiring in the basement) but the system is extremely unreliable. I have to restart it almost daily (and sometimes multiple times). Connectivity hickups were so bad that streaming HD to our TVs required me adding a dedicated set-up via moca adapters on the coax cables.

I just discovered AIMesh from Asus. I am considering replacing the Orbi with 2 AC5300 units. Has anyone reported the max throughput especially when connecting through the satellite router? or compared it to an Orbi? Does the dedicated channel create a true mesh (in case I add a third unit) and does it work well if the satellites are separated by 2 floors (or should I go with 3 units)? And how robust is the current beta firmware?

If I go the AC5300 route, I also most likely will leverage link aggregation to connect it to my qnap file server (already set-up this way). Is the AC5300 measurably faster than an AC88? Cost is secondary to having the fastest possible reliable wireless network.

Thanks

I assume that means the AC-5300 is required if you want to have a dedicated channel for the mesh network (similar to the Orbi).