What's new

Any reason AT&T Fiber would just stop working totally mostly over wireless one day when using BGW 210 gateway in IP Passthrough mode with a RT-AX86U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ng4ever

Regular Contributor
It makes no sense.

I prefer using my Asus RT-AX86U as my main device and the AT&T Gateway as a dummy modem only if possible. I get more control and tweaking! So having the Asus RT-AX86U as just a wireless access point makes me sad. :(

Though at least it works now.

Just curious if anyone else had this problem lately? Guessing no.

It is ok either way.

Yup, a couple of days ago. I thought I was having an issue with 386.7 and the AX88 WiFi. Upgraded to 386.7_2 problem persisted, even over wired connections. TV's were spotty streaming, and apps (DirecTV stream, and others), Nest/Google Home, Alexa and other devices all were spotty. Having a ping run continuously, after every 5 or so the RTT would jump to 60ms from 5ms (8.8.8.8). Couldn't even AMTM /u would reach a few one second the none to check for upgrades. It got so bad that we might as well not had any connectivity. I finally power cycled the BGW210 and slowly everything started coming back, not that it fixed the issue, just a coincidence is what I suspect, but took the win just the same. Bandwidth tests, when they could connect and complete made seem as if everything was great, but obviously something was amiss. Would take the iPhone off the network and it got better, but still failed just not as often it's on AT&T as well.

Yup, a couple of days ago. I thought I was having an issue with 386.7 and the AX88 WiFi. Upgraded to 386.7_2 problem persisted, even over wired connections. TV's were spotty streaming, and apps (DirecTV stream, and others), Nest/Google Home, Alexa and other devices all were spotty. Having a ping run continuously, after every 5 or so the RTT would jump to 60ms from 5ms (8.8.8.8). Couldn't even AMTM /u would reach a few one second the none to check for upgrades. It got so bad that we might as well not had any connectivity. I finally power cycled the BGW210 and slowly everything started coming back, not that it fixed the issue, just a coincidence is what I suspect, but took the win just the same. Bandwidth tests, when they could connect and complete made seem as if everything was great, but obviously something was amiss. Would take the iPhone off the network and it got better, but still failed just not as often it's on AT&T as well.

Wow I thought it was only me.

Where are you located? Just state is fine. If you want to say.

So how do we fix it please if possible ?

Or am I forced to keep using the Asus RT-AX86U as a wireless access point only forever? :(

South Florida, try power cycling the AT&T gateway, that's what started to fix it for me. Can't say for sure it'll fix your issue, but that's what started to turn things around me after booting everything had no effect. For the iPhones/Androids I had to switch them to airplane mode, power cycle it, then out of airplane mode for it to work off Wifi.

South Florida, try power cycling the AT&T gateway, that what started to fix it for me. Can't say for sure it'll fix your issue, but that's what started to turn things around me after booting everything had no effect

Ok thank you.

What do you think happen to cause this issue?

:rolleyes: Carriers are so transparent with their issues and impacts to us, we may never know. What I do know is that it wasn't 386.7/WiFi or anything on my network and it wasn't bandwidth. The impacts were much broader on or off my network or the carriers (mobile devices). It was getting and holding on to a connection (TCP / UDP), using the Netflix app for trouble shooting both over WiFi or hardwired it would fail in random spots when testing connectivity for example.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!